catalytic converter delete

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought the 15710 magnaflow exhaust off ebay finally. Now I know at least one of my cats are destroyed inside, and I would much rather spend a couple hundred on a livewire then some new cats.

is it just a process of welding in some pipe in place of them? and would a midas type shop do this deletion?

The LS has after cat o2 sensors. You will have to do something about them though it might be as simple as ignoring the CEL.

could always just weld in to o2 sensor bungs on the pipe, although since there will be no difference in readings it will probably think its running super rich all the time and lean out the fuel, which would probably be bad too...

On my 2000 Lincoln Ls i deleted both cats, i had a shop replace them with a straight pipe and do not just leave you CEL light on!! I do not care what anyone says, those rear o2s :q:q:q:q with the power and the mpg of your car.! Mine ran like straight :q:q:q:q with them on.

Now heres how to get your CEL off.

Go to advance auto parts and buy two sets of spark plug defoulers that equals 4, 2 in each package. Part number is 42009 if im not mistaken. Take a 1/2 drill bit and drill out the centers of 2 of the defoulers, install the non modified defouler onto the modified ones install the o2 in behind it and do the same for the other side, dont forget the anti seize! Re-Install your o2s and BAM!! No CEL light!Make sure you disconnect the negative battery cable while your doing this, that away your ecu will reset and think that you installed cats. I did this on mine and i havent had any problems and its been over 300 miles.

I think I've read here that the sct livewire can also prevent that after cat CEL?

I didnt know we could use the livewire, but yes i also believe it does. I know for a fact the sct xcal3 does.

right, and even as cheap as cats are now for this car I'd much rather have the tuner toy lol

and would a midas type shop do this deletion?

most shops wont, due to federal laws (and the huge penalty's that come with it ). if you look hard enough, you may be able to find someone who will do it for cash.

or just pull them off, and gut them out, for a temporary fix.

Go to advance auto parts and buy two sets of spark plug defoulers that equals 4, 2 in each package. Part number is 42009 if im not mistaken. Take a 1/2 drill bit and drill out the centers of 2 of the defoulers, install the non modified defouler onto the modified ones install the o2 in behind it and do the same for the other side, dont forget the anti seize! Re-Install your o2s and BAM!! No CEL light!Make sure you disconnect the negative battery cable while your doing this, that away your ecu will reset and think that you installed cats. I did this on mine and i havent had any problems and its been over 300 miles.

A friend and I tried this mod before and it helps on fuel economy if you put the extenders on the pre-cat sensor because it slows down the sensors ability to react as quick supposedly. When that HHO/browns gas Fuel economy stuff was hitting the internet a few years ago, we played around with a maxima with the extenders and a potentiometer on the MAP sensor with a wideband to really lean the car out. Helped on the economy by about 4 mpg, but the car was a dog after that lol. Ok this is beside the point of the thread. :p

or just pull them off, and gut them out, for a temporary fix.

This is what I have done too, till I get around to replacing them.....you know to stay green.:shifty:

This website is on and off, but they have some good gadgets. http://www.o2simulator.com/

Members online

Back