catalic converter...i think

97LTCSS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey fellaz...whats going on??? how're those lincolns treating everyone??? well mine is great but i think my right side(passenger) cat.converter is going out!!!

the reason beign is that when i really floor it...i can hear like a chattering/ratteling noise coming from where the catalic converter is....

...my question is, if you replace one...should i go ahead and do the other one as well???

ps: :L

...my question is, if you replace one...should i go ahead and do the other one as well???

You'll have to do it yourself. Federal and state laws prohibit exhaust shops from removing or relocating cats. The only time you can remove a cat is when it's not working. No exhaust shop will touch it unless they test it and it fails. Violation results in a $2,000+ fine. So you won't have to, or be able to replace the driver's side cat...

evillally said:
You'll have to do it yourself. Federal and state laws prohibit exhaust shops from removing or relocating cats. The only time you can remove a cat is when it's not working. No exhaust shop will touch it unless they test it and it fails. Violation results in a $2,000+ fine. So you won't have to, or be able to replace the driver's side cat...

i love that rick janes thing man its cool

97LTCSS said:
hey fellaz...whats going on??? how're those lincolns treating everyone??? well mine is great but i think my right side(passenger) cat.converter is going out!!!

the reason beign is that when i really floor it...i can hear like a chattering/ratteling noise coming from where the catalic converter is....

ps: :L

Sounds like a perfect time to install some performance cats, on a sidenote, I'd keep the busted one incase you get a ticket for your exhaust, some cops arn't a fan and ticket anyone with aftermarket exhaust parts. But if you have the busted cat you could bring it to court and show the judge.

Members online

Back