Cassette /CD vs. In Dash CD

PaulJK

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
My 2000 LS has the Alpine Head unit with In dash cassette and CD changer in the glove box. I've seen that some models have an in-dash CD unit with 6 disk changer and nothing in the glove box.

Would it be possible for me to get the In-dash CD unit and hook it up to the glove box hanger ? Thsi would give me 6 CD in-dash and another 6 in the changer in the glove box ! :)

Also, does the In-dash CD sound any different than the In-dash cassette w/ glovebox CD changer (playing CD in them both) ?

it works perfect. i did it. botrh cd changers work fine and sound the same. just make sure you get an alpine 6 disc changer. they dont interchange.

2001LS8Sport said:
What's a cassette??

Black_cassette_tape.gif

Thanks guys . I've been transferring my cassette music to my computer, and doing the same with stuff on my floppy disks. :)

00ls-sport said:
it works perfect. i did it. botrh cd changers work fine and sound the same. just make sure you get an alpine 6 disc changer. they dont interchange.
So how exactly does that work out? I mean how do you get the head unit to play all 12 CDs?

BatMobile said:
So how exactly does that work out? I mean how do you get the head unit to play all 12 CDs?

you press the "cd" button once to access the head unit changer. press it twie and it accesses the cd changer...called cd dj. it's in the owners manual as well.

00ls-sport said:
you press the "cd" button once to access the head unit changer. press it twie and it accesses the cd changer...called cd dj. it's in the owners manual as well.
Doggone,

Well if that's the case, I wonder why the PIE3 doesn't work with in-dash changer? Or does it, am I wrong about this? Seems like you should be able to add the iPod and keep your disk drive with the in-dash changer. Has anybody at least tried it out. I'd like to try it out.

00ls-sport said:
Does anyone know which model numbers of the radio head unit this will work with or have a model number they know it worked with? I went on car-part.com to look for a in-dash cd changer and there are well over 30 different model numbers? Anyone trying to sell one?

Members online

No members online now.
Back