Cartier vs Sig/Exec Grilles -- moldings interchangeable? (1999)

Intechnical

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I picked up a '98 Mark VIII in June from an LVC member, and I just bought a '99 Town Car Cartier for my dad today (I'm on a Lincoln binge, I guess).

The Cartier is in great shape, but the chrome molding that attaches to the hood is bubbling/dented/crappy-looking. I thought buying a replacement would be easy, but all the listings I've found (like this one http://www.amazon.com/98-02-LINCOLN...3781547&sr=1-8&keywords=hood+molding+town+car ) say that they are incompatible with Cartier editions. I can't believe that the Cartier has a different hood stamping than the Exec and Signature editions, so can I just buy a Signature/Executive molding without a problem?

Thanks for helping this newbie out.

Pretty sure it's the same, and I would look on rockauto.com as I believe they are the cheapest especially with discount code (use google you'll find one). I think the only difference is the badging.

I can confirm it's the same, but you'll have to reuse your emblem since it comes unbadged and you cannot get new emblems from ford. I paid $15.43 for the upper hood trim and $35.79 for the grill. I would suggest getting new nuts because the old ones were pretty rustastic.

Members online

No members online now.
Back