Cargo Net?

xford

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2006 Lincoln LS with the factory cargo net that I have never got around to installing. In the owners manual it states there are six anchor locations in the trunk of which I can find zero. Per a few threads I found the anchors may be in an accessory package that I will see if I can locate in my garage or spare tire area. If not pre-installed does anyone know where the OEM trunk mounting locations should be and is any drilling required? A Pic or two would be helpful.

Thanks!

A few relevant threads:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...ale-Fits-2000-2006-LS-Models&referrerid=14049

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...runk-and-found-some-presents&referrerid=14049

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?1000-Cargo-Net&referrerid=14049

No drilling required, unless you have THX nav. In that case you are out of luck since the four-channel amp prevents the use of one of the four anchor points. I put the one that came (uninstalled) in my 06 in my 04 because of this.

No drilling required, unless you have THX nav. In that case you are out of luck since the four-channel amp prevents the use of one of the four anchor points. I put the one that came (uninstalled) in my 06 in my 04 because of this.

Yes I have THX - So I assume if I do want to try and use it I will need to come up with a custom fabrication for one mounting point. Standing at the back of the car looking forward which side and upper or lower is the problem one in question?

there are several body nuts on the rear side panels/tail lights (under the carpet) you could "extend" the net to... A simple piece of black wire from one of these through the carpet should work!

Yes I have THX - So I assume if I do want to try and use it I will need to come up with a custom fabrication for one mounting point. Standing at the back of the car looking forward which side and upper or lower is the problem one in question?

The four-channel amp is on the driver's side. I don't remember if the missing one was upper or lower. I'll have to look.

When we get my wife's car back this week (I hope!!!! Finding a couple of doors wasn't easy!!!) I'll snap a pic of what I did. Basically it's a "hammock" mounting......

G-RELL, joegr, LS4me - thanks all and any additional info would be helpful!

G-RELL, joegr, LS4me - thanks all and any additional info would be helpful!

I do know I used the portion of the top bolts for the tail lights. I cut a slice through the trunk trim and used the exposed section of the bolt to mount the "T" piece from the net kit.

I'll snap pictures of the entire set-up.

Looks like we won't get the car back until next week........ Seems they forgot to fix the wheel....

Completed the cargo net install. Could not locate the original mounting hardware so I found a new Ford cargo net with hardware for $11 on eBay. I am using the original net that came with the LS vs. the new Ford one as it is a slightly different design that I prefer.

Bought a couple 6Mx1.0 Allen bolts and 2 connectors to use on the top mounts that connect to the top existing bolts on the taillights. Used the standard provided hardware for bottoms
20150829_194442_resized.jpg

Net /mounting Part # from eBay order
20150829_194454_resized.jpg

Top connector attached to top lamp bolt - used a little Loctite to keep it secure. For bottoms on my 2006 I was able to use existing holes in the sheetmetal (see arrow) on both sides.
20150830_073800_resized.jpg

Finished product - happy with it for about $15. It does stick up a bit over the trunk threshold, so I can see how it can get in the way of loading, but it is so easy to un-attach I don't foresee much of a problem.

20150829_194442_resized.jpg

20150830_073800_resized.jpg

20150830_074428_resized.jpg

20150830_074917_resized.jpg

20150830_080112_resized.jpg

20150830_080126_resized.jpg

20150829_194454_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. I guess I should shorten the top elastic band on my net so it's taut like that, as opposed to drooping over into the trunk latch. Mine isn't from an LS, though. Someone traded in a Golf hatch and left the net in the back

Members online

No members online now.
Back