car wont start

catmech

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
the car just turns over, but wont start. i think i can here the fuel pump, but im not sure. i think it may be the vcrm, however i would like to hear everyones input first before i order parts. also as a side note, while i turn the engine over after about a half of a minute the gas gauge needle pegs past the full mark into a strait up down position.

Did you check fuel shut off switch in trunk or the fuel pump fuse under hood?

nope. it happened after i got off of work and left me stranded at night. i will check those in the morning. thanks for the tip.

Sounds like what happened to my daughters Crown Vic. It was a loose connection at the crankshaft position sensor. If there's a bad connection the computer doesn't think the engine is turning over so things, like the fuel pump, don't get turned on when you crank the engine. I guess it happens a lot on the Crown Vics.

On the Crown Vic the sensor is located low on the left side (as your looking at the engine from the front of the car) of the front engine cover, about ten o'clock to the harmonic balancer and about five o'clock to the AC compressor. I think it's pretty much in the same area on the Mark, just harder to reach because things are a little tighter. It might be easier to come at it from under the car. If you can get a finger on it and wiggle it around it can make a difference, if it works then you can go for the fix.

got it running. thanks titan. it turned out that the crank positioning sensor is going bad. i wiggled the connection and whamo the car started right up. thanks again.

Members online

Back