Car Wax -- Opinions??

jdsimons

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok i just spent a bit on some car wax, for stuff i haven't heard of before. Hoping maybe someone here has tried it or at least heard of it. But from the sounds of it is top quality car wax, and i have spring fever now and want to take the car out and get it all waxed and polished up for the summer. The car wax is called PINNACLE Souverän car wax and wolfgang pre wax and paint sealant, it was a kit combo seemed nice getting everything packaged eventhough i have a ton of micro towels which i like a lot. Has anyone tried out this wax yet.

Oh and has anyone clayed their car yet. They said if the paint doesn't feel like glass and rough in spots it should be clayed. Was wondering how good it really works.

Last edited by a moderator:
The clay bar works miracles, even on my old Chrysler. For best results, wash the car with Dawn dishwashing soap first, because it will strip off all the old wax. I always use Mother's clay bar and Meguire's Gold Class wax, because they're readily available, affordable, and work well. I haven't ever heard of the products you mentioned, though.

ardex products work well too. I have the whole detailing kit.

Dutch said:
The clay bar works miracles, even on my old Chrysler. For best results, wash the car with Dawn dishwashing soap first, because it will strip off all the old wax. I always use Mother's clay bar and Meguire's Gold Class wax, because they're readily available, affordable, and work well. I haven't ever heard of the products you mentioned, though.

Oddly the same here. I love the clay bar. Cosider using some swirl/scuff/scratch remover as well. It takes some extra time bt well worthy it if you can see swirls.

clay bar is great.

I use Meguiar's Mirror Glaze - Hi-Tech Yellow Wax #26 (high gloss) to top it off.

Soooo shiny the cloth falls off the car and I have a hard time taking pictures because of the reflections.

Zaino

ZAINO all the way...it's a bit expensive and takes a while to apply. But the duration of great shine is unbeatable. If you have a lot swirl marks u might want to add another product.

dertyclown said:
ZANO is very good, I love it.

Yea. You have to try Zano to believe it. It left such a clear shine that you could see every imperfection in my paint job. I had to switch back to Meguiars to tone it down. The rain spots were killing me also. It seems that Zano didn't help with rain spots at all. This was on a black car. I did the entire Zano process which included the clay.

I prefer Meguiars over Mothers for the polish and wax, but Mothers has a great pre-cleaner that is just awesome. I use the Mothers cleaner on bad paint, then #7 Meg. Finish up with #24 Meg. The Meguiars wax removal is great, but the #7 can really be a pain to remove. You have to use it in very small quantities.

cool.. Well darn i am wishing i would have clayed the car this time before using the paint sealant wax stuff. Applied the 3 stages of wax this weekend and looks great. Amazing how some of the color tints show up in the color now .. The wax is awesome. Oh and it smells good too.. like coconuts.. lol. almost edible.. it took me and my fiance about 4 hours. the longest being the paint sealant cause it said to apply to the whole car and let it dry for 30 to 45 minutes.

Hands down the only wax out there thats worth the money pound for pound is called Griot's Garage Best of Show Wax. I also use a clay bar and HIGHLY recomened theirs also. Look it up at www.griotsgarage.com or 800 345 5789 for a free handbook. Believe me its the best I use it on my 67 E-Type Jaguar and I get people always asking what I use in the form of car care products and everytime I send them to Griots! Look it up.

-Scott-

Any ideas for polishing compunds to remove some caked on dirt and scratches?

www.griotsgarage.com they have a nice 3 step machine polishing setup. used it on my 88 XJS Jaguar and it brought back the original red paint to the beautiful shine it once had before.

-Scotts-

sorry I was one of you, but after useing ZANO I will neaver go back, done right I have neaver had less watter spots on my black car. and finely I have a car that always looks good, no matter how sh itey it is out side!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZANO ALL THE WAY

dertyclown said:
sorry I was one of you, but after useing ZANO I will neaver go back, done right I have neaver had less watter spots on my black car. and finely I have a car that always looks good, no matter how sh itey it is out side!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ZANO ALL THE WAY

Isn't is Zaino Bros?

Members online

No members online now.
Back