car shuts off after gets to regular temp ?

1305leo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I turn car on cold runs and starts perfect after it gets to regular temp shuts off with no stuble kindle like if i turn the engine off , ive checked fuel pressure changed maf sensor crank sensor oil temp sensor ign coils Spark plugs and all when car shuts of power going to pump gets cut off and injectors as well and spark i checked all relay and changed them all no problem can someone help me out?

What happens if you try to restart right after it stops?
Does it do this every time it reaches temperature, or just sometimes?
Is it exactly when the temp gauge hits center or just before or after?

Rarely right before but all the time at regular temp and once hot it will start back up but the shut off time get closer every shut off till it comes to the point that it dont start until fully cold again

Are you sure that power is cut to the pump and then fuel stops and engine stops, or could it be that pump stops, so fuel stops, so engine stops, so power is cut to the pump?

More info on that Well the at the first start it works perfect only lose power to pump after a few restarted never at first

Two things occur to me. When it hits a set temp, it will go closed loop. Perhaps an O2 is defective, "detecting" a very rich condition thus dialing back fuel until it dies? Second thing, and far more likely, does the LS have an oil pressure shutoff switch where it will shut the engine if it detects a loss of oil pressure? If so, as metal expands when it gets hot, it could be defective and "detecting" no oil pressure once it hits a set temperature. This would not necessarily be the same sensor as the oil pressure sending unit used for the gauges as it is a safety cutout.

Two things occur to me. When it hits a set temp, it will go closed loop. Perhaps an O2 is defective, "detecting" a very rich condition thus dialing back fuel until it dies? Second thing, and far more likely, does the LS have an oil pressure shutoff switch where it will shut the engine if it detects a loss of oil pressure? If so, as metal expands when it gets hot, it could be defective and "detecting" no oil pressure once it hits a set temperature. This would not necessarily be the same sensor as the oil pressure sending unit used for the gauges as it is a safety cutout.

There's only one oil pressure sensor, and it's just a on/off switch for the oil pressure light. There should be an engine shutdown for no oil pressure, but there isn't.

Well shortly before this issue one o2 sensor was bacd by having a shorted wire on it and it blow the hego fuse so i changed the o2 sensor And fuse ??

Members online

No members online now.
Back