Car runs rough and stalls when warm

RedLinCoupe

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I did use the search function but it only brought up similar issues with Gen 1s and I know that OBD1 and OBD2 are different. It started doing this awhile back but its not a Daily driver so i forgot, lol. When i first start it up it runs pretty smooth until it warms up then it starts to run rough and the acceleration is weak, at idle it spudders and pops. Well today I drove it for about 2o minutes and it ran a little rough but i was about at my destination. About an hour later i jumped in to drive and it stalled in the parking lot, now it wont start at all. The CEL is on and the codes were O2 sensor lean, and MAF voltage low I believe. I just replaced the Plugs and it didn't seem to change anything. what sensors will cause a it not to start??:confused: Please help, Im stranded at my lil sisters house and she has Fat horny friends. Lol

Seriously though:

dirty MAF sensor, vaccum line leaking/loose/broken, clogged fuel filter, and fuel pump are some things that come to mind. I'd check that you are getting proper fuel pressure, and the proper amount of vaccuum at idle. I don't know if a dirty MAF sensor would cause the vehicle to not run altogether.

It started right up after sitting for another hour, but once it idled down into closed loop it ran rough again but stayed running. WTF?? whatever it is its heat related. Its about 93 outside.

Walkin to liquor store for some "make em skinny Juice" lol. Im hoping its not fuel related..... Ill remove the MAF and clean it. 97-98 have Coil on Plug (No coil packs) thanks though.

Cleaned MAF very well, will know in the morning when i put it back together.

Members online

Back