Car problems (alot)

I_AM_A_NINJA

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, im new here and hoping someone can PLEASE help me out...
Ok, my dad has a 2000 LS V6 Sport, it has 105k miles on it, a few days ago he went out of town, and let me borrow it, which i took on a trip to cleveland, OH and back(Northern, VA), on the way there, i had no problems at all, smooth ride all the way, once i got to cleveland the car begin to overheat so i had it checked out and the diagnosed problem was a bad thermostat, so it was replaced and i came back to VA, having no problems all the way home, once i got home, the next morning the problems begin.. overheating almost immediately, the car is rocking and occasionally jerks forward when i try to brake, the brake/gas pedal shaking, the check engine light is on, and occasionally beeps, and the front right brake is squealing-- i took the car to get a oil change today, and asked the guy to check the brakes the guy said the brakes are brand new, theyre just squealing for some reason, and he didnt tell me why... someone please help me, i wanna know what i should do b4 my dad gets back and tears me a new 1 lol

I_AM_A_NINJA said:
Hi guys, im new here and hoping someone can PLEASE help me out...
Ok, my dad has a 2000 LS V6 Sport, it has 105k miles on it, a few days ago he went out of town, and let me borrow it, which i took on a trip to cleveland, OH and back(Northern, VA), on the way there, i had no problems at all, smooth ride all the way, once i got to cleveland the car begin to overheat so i had it checked out and the diagnosed problem was a bad thermostat, so it was replaced and i came back to VA, having no problems all the way home, once i got home, the next morning the problems begin.. overheating almost immediately, the car is rocking and occasionally jerks forward when i try to brake, the brake/gas pedal shaking, the check engine light is on, and occasionally beeps, and the front right brake is squealing-- i took the car to get a oil change today, and asked the guy to check the brakes the guy said the brakes are brand new, theyre just squealing for some reason, and he didnt tell me why... someone please help me, i wanna know what i should do b4 my dad gets back and tears me a new 1 lol

In regards to your overheating problem.........first things to check without taking it to a shop: Turn your car on and note the fan speed (it should be moving at a slower speed). Turn your AC on (at this point, the fan should be moving at a higher speed than it previously was). If your fan doesn't kick on its higher speed, there is one more thing you can check to find out if it is your fan motor or your hydraulic cooling fan pump. With your car off, spin the fan blade. If it freewheels, the fan motor is fine. If it has any wobble or friction, the fan motor is bad. If the fan motor ends up being fine and your fan doesn't kick onto its higher speed when you turn your AC on, you will more than likely need to replace your hydraulic cooling fan pump.

If everything checks out above with no problems evident, other common problems are your pressure relief cap for your cooling system, air bubble in the cooling system, or various sensors that will kick on your cooling fan. I suggest taking it to a FLM dealership and having them run a diagnostic on your car. They will check your various sensors and codes and determine whether the problem is mechanical (fan motor or pump) or whether it is electrical (various temp sensors).

As for your brakes........new brakes typically squeel as do aftermarket pads since they are harder than factory. If the noise is coming from only one side of your car, I would have them take a look at the caliper.....could be sticking possibly. As for your car running rough.....could be a number of things such as your valve cover gaskets leaking and causing your COP's to go bad (which would trip the CEL) or a MAF sensor going bad. There could be a number of things that could be wrong, but more than likely they are the problems listed above.

One more thing to consider would be your head gaskets. When your head gaskets go bad, they push combustion gasses into your cooling system, thus making it nearly impossible to effectively cool. I doubt it is this, but take your car into the shop and make sure they do a proper diagnosis........ask questions when they get done diagnosising your car as to what they checked. Best of luck!

DLS8K you are AWESOME! thnx :)

Update: i just took the car to a buds house to let him look at it(he knows alil bit about cars), the car didnt overheat the whole time over there(i didnt touch the ac or radio/cd player) when i got over there he turned on the ac and the gauge only went up slightly, but when he turned the cd player on the gauge rose very quickly to "H" and thinking back to yesterday, i inserted a tape(dont ask me why >.<) while cleaning the car, and got an "Error" message i forget exactly what the message said, but ever since then the car overheats only when i turn on the radio/cd player, if i turn the radio/cd player back off, the car cools down. My bud said obviously its a short of some kind, but what? any ideas?

Car problems

i havent had that problem on my ls yet but you should go to a auto parts store and have them plug a obd engine reader. Some places like auto zone can do that for you. Shucks did it one time but the other one I went to didnt. You just have to find one that does have the computer to plug in. That way you can tell what the check engine light means. If the radio causes it to overheat something electrical might be the problem but might not also. I know that the coils go out alot and cause running rough like sputtering and loss of power and shaking sometimes. If the car has been in a wreck that can cause weird things. Like my wreck in my maxima caused the parking lights to stay on when the car was on. Good luck Oh and also check your coolant if it is dirty it will plug up your radiator and cause random overheating. If it is chunky coolant or not green you can take it in for a flush or do it yourself. All you do is remove the upper and lower radiatior hose when cold and drain it. stick a hose in the top of the radiator and run the water through it till it looks clean then take the hose and run water through both the top radiator hose to the engine and clean the bottom engine hose too. After doing so plug the hoses back in fill it up with water till full and run it for a while. Remove the hoses and repeat till clean then when it looks clean drain it again and reinstall the hoses and fill it with coolant half coolant half water. Then after its full run it and make sure its up to the fill line while running. Drive it around for a little bit close to home then make sure it is still up to the full line when it is cold. If that doesnt fix it or the coolant is up to date on changes it could be the water pump is bad. Now if your 100% sure its the cd player which sounds weird maybe your best bet is to install a aftermarket cd player but dont use the stock wire harness just plug into the speakers through the harness. I know car accidents can cause some weird things like that after body repaird Let me know if this helps, Mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back