Car Magazine

Beamer

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So whats everyones favorite mag to read? I have gotten to like Motor Trend and Road & Track. I work alot and while there get some free time to where I can read cover to cover of a couple a week. My least favorite is Car & Driver, just something about them that I do not like. Another good one is Automobile but reading all them in a short time span when the new ones come out all the info seems the same do to them all doing the same coverage.

Fast Mustangs and Fast Fords, and 5.0. oh and I also like the Lowrider mag, I like looking at the wheels, among other things LOL!!!

Motor Trend and road and track are nice mags for new models and test but on comparisons they sell out way to much with all the advertising and such. Anyone read the article where they pitted the new Z06 against and F430 and something else, lambo maybe? the Z06 killed them in everything performance wise yet took dead last...just screams fixed to me.

Car and driver. I like their reveiws, and they dont have as much of the rediculous concept-hybrid crap. I dont think they are big ford fans tho. Guess not to many people are these days....

Motor Trend seems the least biased among the major ones against American cars anyway.

:eek: Holy h ell you guys have time to read entire magazines?!?!?! haha

I read Car and Driver a lot in waitng rooms :rolleyes:

I have a subscription tor C&D, sometimes aI buy MM&FF,Handguns, Handgunner, 4 Wheel and off road. Links to Automobile, R&T, MT, C&D, MM&FF, Autoweek, Boating, and EVO.
I've heard The Winding Road is topnotch

^ haha, yea, I get in and get out myself. No time for reading. Forgot I read game informer too cause I got a free year w/ a purchase of some game awhile ago

AutoWeek is the only (car) magazine that's worth a tinker's damn. Maybe that's the reason it's the only magazine to which I have a paid subscription (well, there's American Rifleman, but that comes with the NRA membership). I have all sorts of free subscriptions to trade-press rags at work (NetworkWorld, eWeek, Network Computing, CSO Magazine, and a whole raft of others), but I only liked AutoWeek enough to put hard-earned cash on the barrelhead.

Playboy..... of course :D
Cigar Aficionado
OH You ask Car mags .... Sometimes MM& FF ;)

Dupont Registry of Fine Automobiles. only car magazine worth a damn.

AutoWeek is the only (car) magazine that's worth a tinker's damn. Maybe that's the reason it's the only magazine to which I have a paid subscription (well, there's American Rifleman, but that comes with the NRA membership). I have all sorts of free subscriptions to trade-press rags at work (NetworkWorld, eWeek, Network Computing, CSO Magazine, and a whole raft of others), but I only liked AutoWeek enough to put hard-earned cash on the barrelhead.

It seemed to me, when I had time to read, that it was the most fair towards American cars. Or it was just biased the way I am.

It seemed to me, when I had time to read, that it was the most fair towards American cars. Or it was just biased the way I am.
The two main reasons I like AutoWeek are that they don't abuse the English language like most "journalists" and they call them like they see them, whether they're imports or domestics. I'm sure the individual writers have their own biases, but the magazine as a whole doesn't particularly have one. If it's a great car, they'll tell you; if it's a Jeep Compass or Toyota Prius, they'll tell you it's lousy or overhyped. ;)

Members online

Back