Car goes crazy with heat on

Tdrivers72

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has any one heard of this cause I cant find anything. I was driving down the road and decided to test my heat since it hasent worked for a while. When it came on it was actually pretty warm. When I was at a light and it turned green I pressed on the gas and started to go then I noticed the RPM's going from 6 to 2 to 4 to to 1 it just bounced all over the place and when it was in the high RPM's it made my engine temperature rise too. does anyone kno what that could be from?

Has any one heard of this cause I cant find anything. I was driving down the road and decided to test my heat since it hasent worked for a while. When it came on it was actually pretty warm. When I was at a light and it turned green I pressed on the gas and started to go then I noticed the RPM's going from 6 to 2 to 4 to to 1 it just bounced all over the place and when it was in the high RPM's it made my engine temperature rise too. does anyone kno what that could be from?

Year? Engine?

were the RPMs actually jumping around, or was the gauge just not correctly displaying the engine speed?

when it was in the high RPM's it made my engine temperature rise too. does anyone kno what that could be from?
it could be a lot of things, the higher int he RPMs you are, the harder the engine is working, so you may have a problem with the cooling system (like a very common leak) but then again it could be a lot of stuff...

were the RPMs actually jumping around, or was the gauge just not correctly displaying the engine speed?

it could be a lot of things, the higher int he RPMs you are, the harder the engine is working, so you may have a problem with the cooling system (like a very common leak) but then again it could be a lot of stuff...

Yea maybe. I tried finding any leaks though and didn't seem to find anything last antifreeze leak I had was from my degas bottle almost a month ago and I changed that

Is it actually getting hot, or is the gauge just climbing? Since you have two gauges that started acting up at once, I'd be investigating a possible cluster problem. Of course, you want to verify first that you aren't actually overheating as that will cause far more expensive damage, but it's not sounding like it to me.

You can verify whether the engine is getting too hot or not by feeling the hoses when the gauge is doing this. You should be able to hold the top hose for a second or two before it gets too hot to hold if the engine is at the correct temp. If it's running hot, you shouldn't be able to hold it for even a second and it should be burning hot when you do, not just really uncomfortable. Or, if you have a point and shoot infrared temp reader, you can point it at the engine and get a read. If it's not too hot, then I'd definitely be looking at a cluster issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back