Car engine light, unknown part missing

Cronos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, my ls showed the engine light and then my car broke down. I popped the hood to find the problem and found light brown substance splatted everywhere in engine bay. Im assuming it was oil or something. I diagnose what happened and it seems I'm missing this piece in the picture surrounded by the white dashes.

e6TZc.jpg

Can anyone share some insight on what this part is, what it attaches to, where I can find it ext.. thanks guys! I'm alrdy missing my ls

It's the V6 engine air bleed. You'll have to replace the whole plastic piece that it's a part of. If you are smart, you'll also replace the other plastic cooling system parts. (They all fail at about the same time.)

Coolant isn't supposed to be brown. That means that you went way too long before flushing and changing the coolant. You need a good complete flush and replacement of the coolant. Note that after the parts and coolant are replaced, there is a very specific air bleed procedure that you must follow.

You should also get your check engine codes read. Unless you let it overheat, the light is not directly related to the coolant pipe failure. If may be that the coolant sprayed onto and damaged one of the electrical parts on the engine.

Do you have any idea how much ford with charge? Im assuming it's not good to drive it at all so I'm going to have to have it towed to Lincoln

Do you have any idea how much ford with charge? Im assuming it's not good to drive it at all so I'm going to have to have it towed to Lincoln

Probably somewhere between $300 and $500 total, unless you elect to replace the other plastic parts, then more like $1000.

Cronos, did you ever find the part number for that hose and/or the plug? I'm having the same issue, the bottom of my plug melted off and left bits of plastic stuck in my thermostat. I looked on fordparts.com and could not find the hose or plug.

Members online

Back