Car Drops While Driving

StincolnLincoln said:
im telling you i cant wait to fix this then my next project will be the exhaust from the headers back i will most likely post a new thread on that to see what type of headers to get and mufflers and so on..

Just do a search first, big fella. ;)

wasup josh i always expect to hear from you its always cool. cause i love your lincoln. im also thinking of changing the color its now currently white but who knows we will see how everything else goes.

StincolnLincoln said:
i think i will be ordering afull conversion kit by the end of this week. just have to find a plce to put them on at a reasonable price lol..im tired of the damn car dropping like a fat booty lady ..Thanks guys

It is very easy to do if you can turn a wrench... The directions they give you (from any place you get them) are very good. Also many of use have done the task already. We are here to help.

If you get a gold membership the discount you get from many of the vendors on this site will more than cover the cost of the conversion kit.

My conversion kit for my 93 Mark VIII cost only $250 shipped to my door. (that was when I had my gold memership, I'll be getting it back soon).

lol its cool. now for the front end i am changing all the inner and outter links and tie rods as well the stutts. also to change out the stabilizer bars in the rear and shocks..

Heres what it boils down to.

Do you want "plush comfort ride" or "handling".

If you want your car to ride like a bubble and float over bumps- stick with bags. That is not for me, i want corner carving, responsive steering.

There is not a single person that can say bags are MORE reliable, IMO i trust a steel spring with ALUMINUM perches holding up a 4000lb car over a rubber pouch with PLASTIC perches filled with air, any day of the week.

I lost relativlely all body roll with JUST new shocks and coil springs...the mention of springs being a "bandaid kit" is total bull. HOW???? How the hell can someone say that? They use the EXACT SAME concept, the SAME setup, just replace a bag with a spring. Not only is it safer, more reliable, more durable, handling is improved.

I have since completed my suspension minus subframe connectors and front poly lca bushings...i dont think i will even need the bushings, might do it anyhow.

My ride is harsh and tight. OF course, i poly'd the whole damn thing out and rebuilt the suspension. But you can bet your ass that it will outhandle every single mark vii on this board that is running airsprings without subframe connectors or a full gtc performance package (gtc air springs, custom bars, panhard bar, etc)

Think i'm full of crap? Drive my car, you'll see. In fact you'll probably go drop over 2k in suspension like i did the next day and never look back. Its a NIGHT and DAY difference. Stock mark vii's suspension disgust me. In fact, the mention of this topic disgusts me.

The air suspension is great if its maintained, its just not for me.

To each his own. This is just one persons experience and preference.

LuxurySportCoupe said:
...There is not a single person that can say bags are MORE reliable, IMO i trust a steel spring with ALUMINUM perches holding up a 4000lb car over a rubber pouch with PLASTIC perches filled with air, any day of the week...

Tell that to your steel tires...oh, wait... :p

LuxurySportCoupe said:
Do you want "plush comfort ride" or "handling".

If you want your car to ride like a bubble and float over bumps- stick with bags. That is not for me, i want corner carving, responsive steering.

There is not a single person that can say bags are MORE reliable, IMO i trust a steel spring with ALUMINUM perches holding up a 4000lb car over a rubber pouch with PLASTIC perches filled with air, any day of the week.

I lost relativlely all body roll with JUST new shocks and coil springs...the mention of springs being a "bandaid kit" is total bull. HOW???? How the hell can someone say that? They use the EXACT SAME concept, the SAME setup, just replace a bag with a spring. Not only is it safer, more reliable, more durable, handling is improved.

I have since completed my suspension minus subframe connectors and front poly lca bushings...i dont think i will even need the bushings, might do it anyhow.

My ride is harsh and tight. OF course, i poly'd the whole damn thing out and rebuilt the suspension. But you can bet your ass that it will outhandle every single mark vii on this board that is running airsprings without subframe connectors or a full gtc performance package (gtc air springs, custom bars, panhard bar, etc)

Think i'm full of crap? Drive my car, you'll see. In fact you'll probably go drop over 2k in suspension like i did the next day and never look back. Its a NIGHT and DAY difference. Stock mark vii's suspension disgust me. In fact, the mention of this topic disgusts me.

The air suspension is great if its maintained, its just not for me.

To each his own. This is just one persons experience and preference.
Can i drive it? i really want to try it, pretty much in that whole summary, you convinced me to switch to coils, but. i wanna see what its like.

uumm the air ride has been fixed stop fighting lol.....im just changing the strutts and shocks as my next project

:lol: josh.. :p

CFH- sure you can take it around the block, i'm in south jersey btw.

Stincon- LOL, i'm not fighting. I hope no one took offense to my post. Just stating experiences and opinions here, thats all. :)

LuxurySportCoupe said:
:lol: josh.. :p

CFH- sure you can take it around the block, i'm in south jersey btw.

Stincon- LOL, i'm not fighting. I hope no one took offense to my post. Just stating experiences and opinions here, thats all. :)

Like he said StincolnLincoln, this isn't fighting. The suspension on these cars is something that we all have different opinions on. Some think ditching the system is the answer, some feel that repairing the system is the answer. As much as each of us believes we are correct, we all respect the opinion of the other...we just razz each other about it when the opportunity arises. :D That's one thing I like about the maturity of the Lincoln crowd.

LuxurySportsCoupe, you should make it to one of the SEPA meets so we can check out this ride of yours. There is one coming up on the 11th of March. :cool:

Josh, where do i find info about this? I've talked to dancy a bunch of times but have never been able to make it.

I will have to see if i can clear the calendar. :D

The air ride is a nifty thing, if its your style. ;)

well i have owned the car for 6yrs now and drove it back and forth from NJ to TX 5 times and man i love it. i am just in the process of now upgrading as well fixing some of the odds and ends that go out on an old car like this..

Yea..been there done that. Off the top of my head i have replaced.

All filters, tuneup parts.

Alternator, battery, voltage regulator, oil press. switch, starter, driveshaft, carpet, dashboard, heatercore, shocks, end links, swaybars, ca bushings, strut mounts, boots, rack and pinion, p/s pump, transmission, control arms, loaded calipers all the way around, rotors all the way around, front wheel bearings and seals, parking brake cables, windshield, interior except for seats, speedo sensor, fuel pressure regulator, iac, starter solenoid, exhaust, tires (need new ones again lol) fender, passenger door, header panel, four out of the 6 lights up front, bumper, grill, motor mounts, abs master cylinder, brake lines, abs wheel sensors, abs computer, o2 sensors....

I'm sure theres more, maybe it would have been easier to say what i havent replaced.

Seats, wheels, engine, paint, reardiff, a few minor other things.

Definitely. It will be a while..i want to keep the 5.0 in there as long as possible so i can pull the motor, paint the car, jams, and engine bay, replace motor with 351 all at the same time.

The 5.0 runs strong as hell with 192K miles on it. :)

OldSchool1 said:
[dryWit]Yeah. That's the ticket. Those rubber products only lasted 15 to 18 years so rip them out and throw steel in it's place. And when those darn rubber radiator hoses go after only holding up 18 years, replace them too with steel. The next rubber tire that goes flat after only ten or fifteen years of use, should also be replaced with steel.[/dryWit]

This is Bags vs Springs version 435,2653,987

All five of my Mark VIIs have bags and I love the ride. My last air ride suspension repair cost $40.00 plus tax with Ford Motor Company parts.

Dude has bad bags in the rear.

I'd replace em properly and the car will ride another 15 to 20 years on air ride springs ... when the :q:q:q:q hits the fan again :)

What's the first thing they do to the suspensionon on Overhaulin or pimp my ride or any aftermarket vehicle upgrade show....Airbag suspension ,not brand new lastforever coils..Semi's ride on air bags...busses....there must be a reason ,the lincoln mark series was inovative in the use of this new suspension almost 20 years before it got popular.
Maybe their a bit more complexed than a steel spring ..but isn't your cellphone a bit more complexed than 2 tin cans and a piece of string.
Would you replace your GPS tracking display with a paper map...

The aftermarket parts they make now,are better than the originals...
Coils may rock, but Air rolls down the highway on a cushion of supremecy ....nufff said...

Members online

No members online now.
Back