Car Drifting

ls02

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
My 2002 LS is drifting (only way I can explain it), from side to side. Its like you were being pushed by a strong wind. I have 55,000 miles on it and have 4 brand new tires on it and have had a 4 wheel alignment done on it 2000 miles ago. Need help!

Thanks,

LS02

How wide are the tires? stock? I have 255/45's on mine and it will drift too when it rides the grooves in the road. It isnt as noticable with the 235/50's

Could you explain a little more in detail? Is it sliding out around turns? I also have 255's in BFGoodrich KDW-2's and these things do not let go of the damn road for anything. Is that what you mean, or what is it?

Go with the flow............

ls02 said:
Hello All,
My 2002 LS is drifting (only way I can explain it), from side to side. Its like you were being pushed by a strong wind. I have 55,000 miles on it and have 4 brand new tires on it and have had a 4 wheel alignment done on it 2000 miles ago. Need help!

Thanks,

LS02

Drifting is all the rage right now. Get some smoke machines for each rear wheel and people will think you are "Da Bomb".

It's not when going around corners but on a straight road, It moves back and forth in the lane. It does not always happen.
Did anyone ever drive a van or truck on a day with a lot of wind and it feels like the wind moving the vehicle back and forth?

I have stock tires and rims and have done no mods to anything

LS02

I'd suggest taking it to an alignment/suspension shop (not a tire shop that does alignments) and having them check it. If you can find the one that the racers and street rod guys use, all the better; if they have an old fart who's been doing this since Henry was building 'em, even better. Take him for a ride, and he should be able to diagnose the problem fairly quickly.

This may be nothing more than bad pavement, but suspension problems can turn big time bad big time fast...

Members online

Back