car audio help

I didn't want to start a new thread on such a small question.. so, here I am.

What are the specs for a 2003 LS stereo I found a guy that claims 12 speakers, touch screen nav and 270 watts. I know they have 12 speakers and a touch screen but, is 270 watts right??

I am trying to gauge if this guy is telling the truth about his car or not.
Thanks!

The THX/NAV system has 10 speakers; the way Ford counts them. I'm not sure of the watts, but 270 sounds about right.

The THX/NAV system has 10 speakers; the way Ford counts them. I'm not sure of the watts, but 270 sounds about right.

Yeah, it sounded right to me. So I might take a drive and go look at this one. It has higher miles but it seems nice and clean.

I know they have 12 speakers and a touch screen but, is 270 watts right??

I am trying to gauge if this guy is telling the truth about his car or not.
Thanks!
270 watts is not really that much, even for a factory system. especially when you figure there is an amp driving two subwoofers and another large amp driving the eight other speakers in the system.

hell the new shaker system ford puts in the ponys have quite a bit more than that. the older mach systems even had more power than that.

270 watts is not really that much, even for a factory system. especially when you figure there is an amp driving two subwoofers and another large amp driving the eight other speakers in the system.

hell the new shaker system ford puts in the ponys have quite a bit more than that. the older mach systems even had more power than that.

Huh I guess thats true considering you can buy amps now that will put out a shlt load of watts. But im not looking to blast my stereo everywhere, so 270 will do!!

Lincoln must not have put alot of focus on their sound systems for these because.. well it is a luxury car.

Huh I guess thats true considering you can buy amps now that will put out a shlt load of watts. But im not looking to blast my stereo everywhere, so 270 will do!!

Lincoln must not have put alot of focus on their sound systems for these because.. well it is a luxury car.

The factory system in my 06 which started with the 03's puts to shame even todays premium sound systems.

what are you talking about, with the exception of the base package with no subwoofers (man do i feel for you guys) they all sound great, and the THX is one of the best OEM sound systems in any car under 50K. :confused:

what are you talking about, with the exception of the base package with no subwoofers (man do i feel for you guys) they all sound great, and the THX is one of the best OEM sound systems in any car under 50K. :confused:

My bad, you were talking about the ford ponys haveing a big system and I thought you were putting down the LS's a bit. I personaly have never listened to one, but I do know that THX is knowen for their high quality systems. I have a pair of THX speakers and they DO sound great haha, so im sure they didn't lack in putting anything but the best in the LS!

Didn't mean to offend you guys:(. When I go and look at this LS im interested in ill turn up the sound a bit, listen to one and get some first hand experience.

Members online

No members online now.
Back