Can't move shifter to drive and no brake lights

BCRON

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Now this is on my 08 Crown Vic but it is basically the same as my own. Parked the car and then could not put it in drive. Checked that the trans would shift without cable and cable was free but it is not allowing it to shift in the column. Also checked and brake lights are not working. So are thinking Brake light switch? Does anyone know if it is fused separate from turn signals? They are working. Also which fuse does feed it. Looks like there are 2 switches on the brake peddle. I need to move this car from the drive way as it is blocking all my others and the boat. It is 115* here in Boulder City NV and the boat needs to be in the River, More me than the Boat.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ron

Got out test light and worked my way to power distribution panel under hood and found blown 20 amp fuse to stoplight switch. Replaced and now all is good. The owners manual for my TC was my source of reference as to which fuses are which. Because the TC is just a luxury stretched version of the Crown Vic.

Mines just did that a couple days ago and it was the wires for the brake light switch. Check the wiring first to see if it needs to be reconnected if it's fine then it's the brake light switch itself

Members online

No members online now.
Back