Cant keep up with this LS anyore

112 LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
after a summer's worth of knuckle bleeding work and getting the car CEL and "whats that noise" free, she's showing new signs of pain.

belt tensioner, wheel bearings, and sway bar bushings (again!) looks like it;s going to be a hard winter, I'm not prepared to work on this car in the snow.

I'm putting a cover on it and forgetting about it for another 10 years :frown: maybe I should keep up on collecting parts lol

totally, its like my ex fiance. she was so freaking hot but such a nagging witch at the same time.

10 yrs! Wow thats long (wait for it).

Just outta curiosity, how many miles does your LS have?

66k and still limping along lol

car sat for several years, I gave up for a while after the warranty was up and coil after coil went bad.

Wish mine had that few of miles as well. It seems like as soon as my car hit 190k, all sorts of crap started happening. :(

your energy suspension sway bar bushings started knocking again?
I went through same thing. Replaced them 3 years ago, used plenty of the marine grease during the install, but I never re-greased via the nipple. Maybe that's what caused them to knock again..or maybe its because the energy suspension bushings are about half as wide as stock and thus, are under more stress and wear out quicker.

Next time Im going with the rubber sway bar bushings for the LS sold on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LINCOLN-LS-...:Lincoln|Model:LS&vxp=mtr&hash=item415d3b3949

thanks for the link, I might just grab a pair to have on hand.

that ever so familiar hollow clunk, I remember when it first happened at 17k lol, the dealer service advisor was like your crazy there is no way you need new bushings.. sure enough when I picked it up they had put in new bushings.

he didn't question me the next time, boy this was back during the warranty days..

Maybe an 03+ would be a wise upgrade..

much more reliable.

thanks for the link, I might just grab a pair to have on hand.

that ever so familiar hollow clunk, I remember when it first happened at 17k lol, the dealer service advisor was like your crazy there is no way you need new bushings.. sure enough when I picked it up they had put in new bushings.

he didn't question me the next time, boy this was back during the warranty days..

I bought a 96 Olds LSS from a geriatric gentleman, for $1500. And I think it will outlast my kids if I ever have any.

I had to laugh when I came across this post I put up 7 years ago. My LS hasn't been road worthy since, but after tomorrow I think I'll finally put her in D and head over to the alignment shop. :)

Work completed:
Evicted all the mice
belt, tensioner, idler pulley
fuel pump
sway bar bushings, upper arms, knuckles, lower ball joints, front hubs, outer tie rods, sway bar links
filled and bled the cooling system
charged up the AC (still on my orig DCCV, I will never ever operate this function lol)

To be completed: (with the help of a donor car)
swap a few doors and the hood (in much better shape than mine)
swap the sunroof motor (mines getting stuck)
install wheel well covers
install orig ford floor mats
change oil and top up with fresh 93
install mclaren grill
alignment
wet sand, clay bar etc

Oh yeah and that oldsmobile I bought is probably still going. Great engine/car. Re-sold to a nice middle eastern dude and bought a v6 dodge challenger to be my commuter.

I had to laugh when I came across this post I put up 7 years ago. My LS hasn't been road worthy since, but after tomorrow I think I'll finally put her in D and head over to the alignment shop. :)

Work completed:
Evicted all the mice
belt, tensioner, idler pulley
fuel pump
sway bar bushings, upper arms, knuckles, lower ball joints, front hubs, outer tie rods, sway bar links
filled and bled the cooling system
charged up the AC (still on my orig DCCV, I will never ever operate this function lol)

To be completed: (with the help of a donor car)
swap a few doors and the hood (in much better shape than mine)
swap the sunroof motor (mines getting stuck)
install wheel well covers
install orig ford floor mats
change oil and top up with fresh 93
install mclaren grill
alignment
wet sand, clay bar etc

Oh yeah and that oldsmobile I bought is probably still going. Great engine/car. Re-sold to a nice middle eastern dude and bought a v6 dodge challenger to be my commuter.
Too dang funny. You have serious staying power...

I laugh when my in law asks if I’ve driven my car to keep it “lubricated” after a several weeks or a month of sitting.

But there is something to be said about several years. I think you’d find it much more reliable with some regular driving.

Members online

Back