CANBUS HID ballast

cobra mk8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
With my current HID set-up in my gen 1, it throws a bulb out code when I turn on my lights. Anyone familiar with these newer CANBUS ballasts? Sounds like they are supposed to fix this problem but I don't know if it will work with our older cars.

Canbus if for the newer cars, are you using a relay to trip the ballest? If you are the system isn't seeing the resistance on the line and will throw a bulb out code. The do sell resistors to fix the problem but usually if you have it hooked directly to the ballest you shouldn't get the message.

I am using a relay, and by the way it solved all my flicking problems. Haven't seen the resistors but have seen the plug deals that are supposed to add resistance.

If you are using relays you'll need to wire in the resistor to solve the bulb out message issue.

If you google hid resistor fix you will find tons of info.

It's a littler blue wire behind the glove box I don't have the pic of the exact wire and location anymore but it's here if you search for it and it's a free fix!

If you are using relays you'll need to wire in the resistor to solve the bulb out message issue.

If you google hid resistor fix you will find tons of info.

This or what Keatonsdad said. I have run HID kits on my Mark and LS without bulb out warning issues.

Members online

No members online now.
Back