Can we replace only the bushings on the lower control arms?

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I replaced the balljoints just last year and now I have discovered that my bushings on the control arms are bad. Are we able to only buy those bushings or are there any poly bushings that fit in there?

Ebay has some bushings but I opted for the whole arm because if you damage the aluminum arm pressing them in or out you will be out the cost of the bushing and a new arm.

Ebay has some bushings but I opted for the whole arm because if you damage the aluminum arm pressing them in or out you will be out the cost of the bushing and a new arm.

This sucks. So, there was no point in me going through the cost a trouble last year doing my lower balljoints. :frown:

This sucks. So, there was no point in me going through the cost a trouble last year doing my lower balljoints. :frown:

The ball joint presses into the steering knuckle, not the lower conrol arm. If you get a new control arm, you will not be changing the ball joint. So you didnt waste your time or money.

The ball joint presses into the steering knuckle, not the lower conrol arm. If you get a new control arm, you will not be changing the ball joint. So you didnt waste your time or money.

I'll have to take another look under there again. I couldn't remember that and oh yeah I do now remember that when pressing it in. Thank goodness. It felt pretty sucky thinking I would have done that all for nothing.

Has anyone used the DORMAN Part # 521617, 521618 lower control arm? I have never had anything from Dorman.

Should have asked. Front or rear control arms before

But by the looks of that link the front is possible. Will have to do that to the other one I think vs the entire arm. I can tell you its not hard to get the arm out though.

Has anyone used the DORMAN Part # 521617, 521618 lower control arm? I have never had anything from Dorman.

I just put on on the passenger side on my 06. Seemed like a good part, and I have had pretty good luck with Dorman.

Members online

No members online now.
Back