Can this be done

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
oh yeah ive been meaning to ask this for a while now. my ls came with the phone in the center console, i took it out to gain more space. now when the car turns on it displays a message on the screen. my first question is can you stop that message from showing? and my next question is can you make the system compatible with you phone. for instance charge it in there and be able to use the surround sound. :L

I believe the motorola phone that came with the car was specially made to work with lincoln. from what I heard from dealer, the phone is programmed to work with GPS on the car (their version of on-star)
I had hooked my other phone to it but car would reject it with "wrong phone" message.

yes, it sucks that you cant just go and upgrade a phone and not use it on the car. cause you are stuck with huge-a** phone. too bulky to carry around as your cell phone.

I still have the motorola and use it as car phone.
another phone for my cell. soon as I enter my car, I turn off the cell. any calls to my cell gets forwarded to motorola.

I still have the motorola and use it as car phone.
another phone for my cell. soon as I enter my car, I turn off the cell. any calls to my cell gets forwarded to motorola.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to do something like this. My 98 LSC came with a phone but it was disconnected (and stored in the trunk), can you tell me how its connected inside the dash etc.? thanks for reply.

Im not sure what you are asking.
star tec phone that came with the LS gets hooked into a cradle that's in the center console. so all the connection to dash are already there.
I kept the star tec thru Sprint. and got another cell phone from T-mobile (because they dont charge anything for call forwarding). I set up a call forwarding thru T-mobile so that when Im in my car I simply turn my cell phone off so all called are forwarded to the star tec in the LS.

you can get the bluetooth setup for your car. then its like a loud carphone on your speakers, just gotta have a bluetooth enabled phone

does anyone have a pic of the phone that comes with the ls and maybe how it looks in the car. i'm kind of curious to see it

Members online

Back