Can the Air Suspension system be disabled @ highway speeds?

fordknutt

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried or accomplished disabling the automatic lowering function when the car reaches the 45 - 50 mph threshold? I have my Mark VIII sitting at just the ride height I like for looks & comfort below highway speeds, but when it lowers itself above 45 - 50 mph, it is a harsh ride with the crappy highways we have around here. They are just as rough as the city streets, so if it would stay @ the higher ride height on the highway, my mark VIII & I would be much happier. I see the control module has (2) Vehicle Speed Sensor inputs. They are pins #3 & #23. Which one is the lowering input & which one is the raising input? I thought if I de-pinned the lowering input I could fool the controller thinking I'm always below the 45- 50 mph threshold. Thoughts?

Start the car, let it air up, then turn off the switch in the trunk. As long as your airbags don't leak you will be fine.

Will it still self level when passengers or cargo are added? I thought w/the switch off it turns the complete system off.

unhooking the vss wire would probably do it. the two pins are positive and negative. so unhooking either, or both, probably won't make a difference.
i'd try it, worst case, you hook it back up.

If you unhook the speed sensor from module, you will loose the steering sence to speed, any little move of the steering wheel will make the car to steer - very innoying at highway speeds.
The only really working way to disable the speed leveling is to use asham8...

If you unhook the speed sensor from module, you will loose the steering sence to speed, any little move of the steering wheel will make the car to steer - very innoying at highway speeds.
The only really working way to disable the speed leveling is to use asham8...

...asham8?????

Do my front and rear airbag suspension mod and no more harsh ride when it lowers!

Members online

No members online now.
Back