Can my V8 sound like a v10?

wanksta15379

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any kind of exhaust kit I can get that would make my v8 sound like the v10 in the M5 or even the v12s. both the v10 and v12 are obviously bigger than my engine and they have a lot less rumble and more scream, I dont see why mine cant sound like that, but I havent seen any mufflers that do that.....any Ideas?

From what i have learned from exhaust in my f150 4.6 is its only going to get so loud, i think it's from the small engine displacement. But i have changed my exhaust around 4 times on it and can say the smaller the tips, dual 2 1/2's it will be a higher pitch and trave far, with quad 3 in tips it was deep and mean with lots of rumble but did not carry as far. On my conti I'm going with true duals with a custom triple x pipe, minus the third converter, and a pair of flow master 40 series single in single out, and a set of porsche 944 tips, I'l post sound clips when its done.

So to answer your question, I don't know what mufflers to use (everyone has a different opinion on those) but I would pull all 3 converters and go with some big open tips in the back to get a deep rumble sound, it will definetly shake who ever is next to ya.

its totally illegal, but if you removed your cats or mufflers entirely it will sound like that.

well I have the exhaust off other than the 3 cats. But that just makes it loud as hell. Im thinkin of doing straight pipes with a flamethrower, anyone know of any good brands or ways of doing it that wont hurt my engine?

First, you're talking about completely different engines with different exhaust characteristics. But more, It's Lincoln Continental for cryin' out loud....not a Mustang.

thats what I was talking about, in the previous post.. you can probably never get a v8 to sound like a v10, due to the differences in the exhaust pulse timing (when the exhaust is pushed out of the cylinders) and the fact that the v10 has 1 more cylinder per side (resulting in 1 more exhaust pulse per revolution of the crank).. it will change the entire tone and type of sound that you get. I wasn't referring to the volumn at all.

have you ever noticed that 5.0 mustangs (which have a wonder exhaust note in my opinion) sound a LOT different than 5.0 GM's??? its all in the exhaust pulse timing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back