Can it be eliminated?

Calabrio

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
eliminateairresevoir1zj.jpg

What is that part called?
What is it for?
And can I remove it?

Yeah just take if off and get some plastiweld, get a PVC cap from your local hardware store.

Geno use to offer these with that deleted, you send in yours as a core after you get your new one so there's no down time. He also offered them painted I believe.

Yep, first thing I did to mine. I had a black colored cap from a jar or something that came pretty close to fitting the hole, so I used some RTV and stuck it on there.

What's the purpose of it?
Other than the cosmetic benefit, how do I benefit from removing that piece?

Depending on what you're using to seal it hack that little triangle off also and fill the hole(s). You don't need that silencer either.

I have yet to do it to mine I've just been too lazy, but that's how everyone's done it over the years.

I'm doing the smaller one to mine then sealing it with fiber glass and painting it black.

The little cap thing works great but I want to make a nice smooth tube.

edit:I actually cut it off, patched it with scrap plastic that was removed, and used epoxy to to go over it, then trimmed/snaded/trimmed/sanded/trimmed/sanded/ect :p

when it was all set, then painted it black. turned out AWESOME imo.

What you do is simply remove it and then cut what you need off of it to fit in the hole that is left from it, after you cut off the portion that is still stickin out of the side of the intake tube. Then you can smooth it all out if you like. What I did was purchase a repair kit from Advance Auto that has the mesh in it and then put the mesh in there and placed some kittyhair filler in there. Allowed it to harden, sanded it down and then applied body filler over it to smooth it out. I have done this on about 10 or 15 intake tubes.

I also did it to the other 'lung' that is lower on the intake tube, but that one you hafta cut the whole thing off.

Hope that helps. :D

A antifreeze bottle cap fits perfect, put 2 screws throu it so it don't suck in. The smaller one I neatly cat off and bondoed over, bad idea if you don't use some mesh or screws to bit it. Mine sucked right into the motor, luckily the IMRC caught it. I used a aluminum plate on that one now. I'm going to shave them and do a better job soon.

Caps look so ghetto (no flames, just my opinion) man just yank it off and do it right, or send it to me and Ill do it right.

Here's how it should look.

enginetop1.jpg

enginetop2.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:
Here's how it should look.

enginetop1.jpg

...minus all the 'chrome' plastic conduit and faux braided stainless steel radiator hoses of course. :p :D

ONEBADMK8 said:

:p

when i pop the hood all ppl see is an assload of plastic. not too impressive is it?

pretty soon its gonna be a kenny bell though. kinda hard to hide that.

I think it would be sweet to use the stock engine cover and have a kenne bell underneath it.

MarkVIII93 said:
I think it would be sweet to use the stock engine cover and have a kenne bell underneath it.

i am gonna try. well see.;)

I think the stock engine cover looks nice and clean! I don't like the look of all the wires and hoses myself.

Members online

No members online now.
Back