can anyone show me the starter

tbaylinc

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
ok i know i sound stupid here but i dont care. can anyone take a pic of the engine bay of a 2003 + LS and point out the starter, if you can. My car wont start and im gonna be cleaning the wires and tighting them up this afternoon. but in case that doesn't help i will be replacing the starter and ive never done it before. i know the battery is good, as well as the charging system. is the starter easy to replace because last time i did one was years ago on a different car, and older model.

Thanks guys

if you cannot find the starter, you are probably in way over your head.
Pay someone to do it!!!

Glad you figured it out, I was going to say, once you get under there and take a look you'll find it.

if you think about what the starter does, then it shouldnt be hard to find where it is

The car wasnt at home when i thought of doin it so i just ran to work and took a look
thanks though

if you cannot find the starter, you are probably in way over your head.
Pay someone to do it!!!

Come on. A starter isn't that rough. There's nothing wrong with banging your knuckles a few times figuring something out. I honestly have no clue where the starter is. I assume it is near the bottom as that is where they have been every other time I've replaced one. But, I've never bothered to look on my LS because it hasn't been an issue. I figure if someone is willing to give it a try they already have all the skills necessary to do it. That is, the only skill really necessary is the willingness to try.

the starter on these cars is a PITA to get to.... even for a seasoned do it yourselfer its a rough job. Cut the guy some slack. Tbay, too bad you arent around here still, I would have gladly helped you out!

My problem isn't that you don't know where the starter is located, my problem is that you have the balls to ask someone to climb under their car and take a picture for you.
Starters do suck, as do most jobs on a car, suck it up.
Whats next, you need help being burped and a diaper change!!

it is a forum for people to discuss cars and help eachother out.

I dislocated my wrist or something like that to cause massive swelling when I did mine. Damn horrible angle and not high enough jack stands.

it is a forum for people to discuss cars and help eachother out.

I dislocated my wrist or something like that to cause massive swelling when I did mine. Damn horrible angle and not high enough jack stands.

I get the concept of the forum, really.

He has a 50-50 chance once he climbs under the car as to what side the starter is on. How hard is that?

Apparently as hard as it is for you to resist clicking the post reply icon.

ha ha good one. Fordfan my car is no where near me so wanted to see what i was in for. You need to stop being a troll. Thanks for the help boys i appreciate it. ill see if i can do a write up on it IF it goes well.

Fordfan the first step to failure is self doubt. i dont have it, maybe you do

Thanks guys
The end

ha ha good one. Fordfan my car is no where near me so wanted to see what i was in for. You need to stop being a troll. Thanks for the help boys i appreciate it. ill see if i can do a write up on it IF it goes well.

Fordfan the first step to failure is self doubt. i dont have it, maybe you do

Thanks guys
The end

so the car is no where with you, does that change where the starter is on the engine? do you understand that it is on the bottom half of the engine?
Did you really expect someone to crawl under a car and spoon feed you.

man up and stop acting like a little bitch!!!

Really enjoyed watching team USA spank Canada Sunday night. Maybe you are depressed that our hockey team is better than yours!!!

so the car is no where with you, does that change where the starter is on the engine? do you understand that it is on the bottom half of the engine?
Did you really expect someone to crawl under a car and spoon feed you.

man up and stop acting like a little bitch!!!

Really enjoyed watching team USA spank Canada Sunday night. Maybe you are depressed that our hockey team is better than yours!!!

I watched that game.... and Im american. I would never in million years say team USA spanked Canada. Amazing game with definite back and fourth. Canada at the end was all out pwning the states!

the way I recall the game, the empty net goal was the result of hustle, lack of discipline cost the Canadians penalties and Ryan Miller was the best player on the ice.

The best game I have ever watched, hopefully they will play again for gold.

Members online

No members online now.
Back