camshaft position sensor location on 2006? (p0345)

Drac

LVC Member
Reaction score
I received a P0345 today on my 2006 LS-V8 and it is telling me to check the camshaft position sensor on bank 2? I cant seem to find any info on the location of this sensor for the 2nd gen v8s. car barely starts and drives like total crap. Feels like a misfire x10000

Anyone have any advice on what to look for and where? Need to try to get this fixed ASAP since this car is my DD.

Bank 2 is the driver's side. CMP (on each side) is at the back of the engine on the side of head facing inward (end of intake cams). You may have to loosen and push aside some wiring conduit to get to it.

CMPs are item 5 below

CMPs.gif

Note that it could be the wiring instead of the sensor itself.

Thank you a million Joe. Tackling it now- Ill check wiring too. It happened out of nowhere. No signs before.

Well Joe, you may be right that is a wiring issue. I replaced it and it is still exhibiting the same issue. I tested the circuit with a volt meter on A/C and the drivers side is getting no current when cranking, while the passenger side is.

I have checked the wiring on the engine harness and ruled out this as the culprit. (I checked the CMP sensor wiring with the volt meter right at the plug that plugs into the firewall below the box that the cabin air filter is located in, and still no luck) Anyone have any ideas on where to look? Im scratching my head with this now. I dont even know where to began looking :(

Before condemning the PCM you would need to pull the connector off the PCM and see if the wire to thesensor has continuity. The wires on all vehicles in the last 15-18 years has very little insulation and they are small in diameter, so easy to pinch and break over long years and thermal aging.

Members online

No members online now.
Back