Cam swap

MrWilson

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When considering a cam swap, what should i be conserned about.

Cams
Valve springs
Comp tune
proper stall/rear
fuel system

what else should i be lookin at?

Why you are doing it would be my first question, if it is an increase in performance there are a few other "free" items that will yeild equal or better results. Just swappimg cams is not really going to net much of a gain on a stock engine.

Roadboss said:
Why you are doing it would be my first question, if it is an increase in performance there are a few other "free" items that will yeild equal or better results. Just swappimg cams is not really going to net much of a gain on a stock engine.

you need not question young grasshopper. thats why i started the thread, for MY questions :)

intake valve spring compressor and exhaust valve spring compressor. Night mar, but i love the sound of a cammed v8. You might as well pull the heads and get em P&P'ed so you can really make some power.

MarkVIII93 said:
intake valve spring compressor and exhaust valve spring compressor. Night mar, but i love the sound of a cammed v8. You might as well pull the heads and get em P&P'ed so you can really make some power.

its an idea i am still playin with, i mean since im there...why not. thats just more downtime than i may want.

what would the gains be by porting the heads out anyways, thats my thing...would it realy be worth the extra time and money...prolly in the long run, but idk. i mean the heads stock are decent...but obviously could be improved. my thing is i dont even know how much longer im gonna keep the B heads, and is the enjoyment of having them on there for another year pp'd vs not, worth the hastle. i mean, hell look how much i drive the car anyways. im only at 77190 right now, and i hit 77 on the 20th, lol.

Yeah, b heads lick my nuts. If you can get a hold of some c heads for cheap. Id say go for it. But your gonna need a few more items to complete a c-head setup on your car. 99-01 cobra IM and lower plenum fuel rails bla bla bla. Do some research on c-head swaps. Go to modularfords.com.

B heads arent the greatest for NA but they are the best for forced induction...

98LSC32V said:
B heads arent the greatest for NA but they are the best for forced induction...

why do you say that?

MarkVIII93 said:
Yeah, b heads lick my nuts. If you can get a hold of some c heads for cheap. Id say go for it. But your gonna need a few more items to complete a c-head setup on your car. 99-01 cobra IM and lower plenum fuel rails bla bla bla. Do some research on c-head swaps. Go to modularfords.com.

yea, iv also been playin with that idea too....i may just do everything all at once, ill just hold off on it for a while.

Members online

No members online now.
Back