Calling Mobile A/V experts

Frogman

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I promise to nicer if you promise to be smarter.
I'm looking for some information in regards to integrating a back-up camera and possibly some sort of an XM tuner into my factory Navigation unit for the new truck I bought.

The truck is an 08 F-450 and it has the factory navigation. Best I can tell, it's a Pioneer unit made for FORD.

A kid at the local Best buy told me to check out http://www.navtv.com/ and I'll cal them on Monday, as their website is pretty sparse.

Who's got any ideas?

Thanks.

ps. Tell me to search. I dare you. I WILL find out where you live, come over to your house, and give you a wedgie. :D

The truck has an AUX input (1/8th inch jack) from the factory, but I am looking for an add-on module to the head unit to control the XM receiver on the factory radio screen.

The back-up camera module looks like what I would need, I'll call them on Monday.

Thanks much.

Frog, does your factory headunit have a "Sat" button. Our 07 Escape Limited has the Sat button and therefore we can buy an adapter harness and one of the units listed above by lslove. But if you factory unit doesn't have a sat button, you'll have to go with an external unit.

As for adding a backup camera, most of the time, if you don't have an aux. video input, it takes removing the radio and modifying the circuitry to get it to work.

Sounds like someone has similar ideas!

Apparently, the Lariat editions came with a backup camera mounted in the tailgate handle housing. So unless it's a completely different nav unit, I'd say it's possible. Ask Max if he can find the parts you'll need.

If the units are different, it looks like it would take something similar to this but once again, this entails removing the unit, opening it up and soldering wires.

Here are some installation instructions for a similar product, only it says it's for older Lincolns.

PAC makes all kinds of OEM integration interfaces, I would see about contacting them, they might have what you are looking for. I didn't see anything about Sat Radio though, everyone is all about the HD radio now.

Peripheral also makes some OEM adapters and interface kits but I didn't see anything like what you are looking for.

Hopes this helps!

Edit: I just realized that I posted one of the same links as lslove

Last edited:
they are right if it has the sat button then u can add it on very easily. For the backup camera the shop i work at is a nav-tv dealer and we do alot of product for them. You might have to send them your radio so they can add a camera input to it then you will be able to use any aftermarket camera ex. kenwood or alpine which are very small and easily hiden.

i have a the stock nav in my ls and ford said i could add sat radio for around i believe 180 dollars. it will replace a fm button to a sat button

Members online

No members online now.
Back