cadillac performance sts Brake Parts for 1989

codewize

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a resource for performance brake components for the 89 STS. It seems that even though the brake system is one of the short comings of this car (that and the AC), nobody makes performance brake parts, only OEM stuff. Brembro makes a kit for the standard Seville but not the STS.

Any ideas?

Thanks
ADL

Check with RSM Racing - (see banner ad on this page)

For the STS they list:

Slotted Rotors - front and rear. Improve braking and prevent brake fade. Coated to prevent rust deposits, work best with Ceramic-Titanium pads ($79.99/set).

They might very well have other parts - I would call them. 1-866-776-7224 or email them sales@rsmracing.com

Be sure to tell them you learned of them from Lincoln vs Cadillac.com.

Welcome to LincolnvsCadillac.com!

codewize said:
Does anyone have a resource for performance brake components for the 89 STS. It seems that even though the brake system is one of the short comings of this car (that and the AC), nobody makes performance brake parts, only OEM stuff. Brembro makes a kit for the standard Seville but not the STS.

Any ideas?

Thanks
ADL

Try disc brakes-r-us. They have a decent selection....not bad prices either.

Brembo doesn't make the parts, Tire Rack is where I get my tires and is the first place I tried. They basicly said 'good luck'. RSM has the parts which is where I'll probaly go. I will check brakes r us.

Thanks all

Cadillac STS said:
go for some brembos :Beer

Got The Ticket!!

codewize said:
Brembo doesn't make the parts, Tire Rack is where I get my tires and is the first place I tried. They basicly said 'good luck'. RSM has the parts which is where I'll probaly go. I will check brakes r us.

Thanks all

--- FIRST OFF:

Don't buy new rotors if you don't need them...

Use these brake pads and tell me if you like them?

PORTERFIELD BRAKES

The website has nothing for Cadillac at all... BUT...
I live right down the street... SO I will have more information & Part numbers tomorrow forsure!

They are the BEST people to work with, and they will put there compound on ANY CAR!! Meaning send them your old pads and now you have new CARBON KEVLAR streets pads for a STEAL! Cheaper then EBC and Any aftermarket out there...

** No I don't work or speak for them... I am just a STOKED customer who has there pads on everything from my Mountain bike to all my cars!

PS: Your car will stop with a amazing short distance compared to before and NO BRAKE fade... And best of all... VERY MINOR BRAKE DUST... Unlike many others who turn your chrome rims into Charcoal Gray!!

--- CHEERS

JIM R.

Performance Brakes 00-04 Seville STS

What is the major difference between the 2000 model year and your's in brake size?

I betcha they didn't change much...

STILLEN (Steve Millen Sport Cars) in Costa Mesa, Ca

Sells some cross drilled rotors... Here is the link

You can check those out and see whats up...

But the ultimate thing to upgrade to is 00-04 Corvette (C5) Front calipers & rotors... Just have some aluminum or billet caliper adapters made... That would be all you need!!

- Gym

I couldn't tell you the exact differences in the brakes but I can guarantee you they're very different.

Totally different body, frame and drivetrain

spoolenturbo said:
What is the major difference between the 2000 model year and your's in brake size?

I betcha they didn't change much...

STILLEN (Steve Millen Sport Cars) in Costa Mesa, Ca

Sells some cross drilled rotors... Here is the link

You can check those out and see whats up...

But the ultimate thing to upgrade to is 00-04 Corvette (C5) Front calipers & rotors... Just have some aluminum or billet caliper adapters made... That would be all you need!!

- Gym

STS - Brakes is the weakest link

I love my STS but I must say I plan on doing something with my brakes, they where all just changed at the end of my service Warenty (a month ago) and stopping from 75 mph seems... not right... in Rain... scarry.. they will stay on for the winter, but in the spring there gone.

I know that on a few model years, Consumer reports mentioned that the brakes were a high problem area on the STS. I know mine are crap. I warp rotors like nothing. Usually the rear first.

Members online

No members online now.
Back