Bye Bye Lincoln - Buyback Option

AnderbrA

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
All,

The ol' Lincoln got totaled last week when a guy in a 2006 GMC Sierra took a left turn from the right lane in front of me while I was in the left lane. We were both going the same direction. Anyways, his fault and they are totaling it. The high salvage bid was $1,850 and I have first dibs if I want to buy it back for that amount. Is there anybody interested in anything on it? If I can get enough interest to keep it, I will buy it back.

2002 LS V8 Sport
76K miles

Here is the link to the pics. Sorry for quality, they are from a PDA phone.
http://www.anderbrainnovations.com/LS/Totaled/LS_Totaled.htm

~Bryce

wow...thats quite a wreck...there appears to be dings all over...Glad to hear you're alright though...good luck!

That sucks. I could use some parts. Looks like you ran a red light or something. I mean I would think the front would look like a head on seeing on how it sounds like you T-Boned the guy. Thats weird.

Show some interior shots.

For 1800 and the amount of damage thats shown, I would rebuild it. I don't see any frame damage and so most of the work would go into just replacing the damage pieces and using some good old hammer work to get things in line again. If you have money left over after the 1800, you could end up have your Ls back and paid off.

If your looking to part out, you pretty much cant lose if the drivetrain is still working. I would imagine somebody would give you at least that much for the motor. The rest would just be gravy money.

I recently made about 8k after totaling my SRT-4 in a 120mph roll over accident. Mechanically it was near perfect. Needless to say I sold my parts for way cheap, and it was heavily mod'ed.

Hope this helps!

It's worth at least 1800 in scrap value and parts. Aluminum is like 70c per pound+ right now. There is easily 2000# of aluminum there for the taking. If the wheels are good you can easily get $50+ per wheel for them. My dad needed a new one of those and it cost him $400 from the dealer. There are lots of other parts you could sell before completely scrapping it. That is if you have the time to fool with it.

That sucks. I could use some parts. Looks like you ran a red light or something. I mean I would think the front would look like a head on seeing on how it sounds like you T-Boned the guy. Thats weird.

Show some interior shots.

Nope, we were both going the same direction and he made a left turn in front of me from the right lane...attached is a quick diagram of how it happened.

Wreck Diagram.JPG

As far as the interior goes, it is I think Bone. Slightly tan grey. From the looks under the hood, it seems that the frame has been pushed over and the motor is slightly crooked. Most of the electronics are hosed as the fuse panel under the hood was smashed. I did have an HID kit, but I am making them pay for a new one because this one got smashed on the passenger side.

Did he like spin into the side of your car or something? Or did you end up getting taken along in the same direction as he was going?

That all just sucks. I could use some stuff.

I sent a PM. Good luck with it all.

^^ lol, Maybe this GMC driver is for hire? :)

Sucks man! I hope you make some money off it!

It's worth at least 1800 in scrap value and parts. Aluminum is like 70c per pound+ right now. There is easily 2000# of aluminum there for the taking. If the wheels are good you can easily get $50+ per wheel for them. My dad needed a new one of those and it cost him $400 from the dealer. There are lots of other parts you could sell before completely scrapping it. That is if you have the time to fool with it.

262 lbs aluminum, not more than half the weight of a LS.

Damn!

I can only wish that would happen to mine :lol:

It did come at a good time. My extended warranty company went bankrupt and left me about 2g upside down. Thank god for GAP insurance. :) Time to upgrade. Still debating on new purchase.

Wow, sure seems like that many parts would add up to more than 262

I'd be willing to be that article is only talking about body components, not incuding drivetrain or suspension.

Hell, you have 80+ pounds just in wheels alone. I have a difficult time believing the tranny casing, hood, trunk, radiator, rear diff housing and engine components just to name a few are only 176lbs. Even if you give a lenient 10lbs for each fender and 20 each for the hood and trunk, 15 for the radiator, 5 for the condenser core, that leaves you with 96# for the tranny casing, all 4 lower control arms, the rear diff cage, the rear diff housing, the knuckles, the brake calipers, the throttle body and many many more parts.

I'm not buying 256lbs total.

Well, looks like they are going to give me retail for the car, plus sales tax, plus title/license transfer. Then they are going to give me 50% of the cost of the alarm/remote start, HID kit, and will be reimbursing me for the tow bill.

They seem to be a decent company to work with. We will see how the personal injury side of things go.

Here in canada when something is written off they give the value of the car back... why are they only giving you $1800??

Members online

Back