Buzzing sound at startup

Oilslick00

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a single buzz sound coming from under dash or lower speaker. Since I have had multiple TB issues does anyone know what the buzz is, and is it related to the TB.

I don't have an answer, but maybe my issue is similar & some folks might be able to help us both. Not meaning to hijack.

I have been experiencing electronic/mechanical feedback in my driver door speaker. It used to happen extremely rarely as a kind of static. More often as a loud, piercing, high pitched scream/tone when accelerating at mid-high rpm.

After recently replacing the motors in my front door lock actuators...it got bad & almost constant. Hard to describe the static sound in the speaker. Changing tone when turning on accessories like headlights, seat heat, fan, etc, but most notably the windshield wipers. You can "hear the motors" in the speaker. Not so much with engine rpm like i've heard in other stereo systems...but it is there, changing a little bit with rpm.

I popped the door panel back off...repositioned & wiggled wires & connectors, unplugged & re-plugged door latch assembly & noticed that 2 wires on the speaker plug had been cut/removed. I will post a pic sometime when I'm able to open it up again. This is interesting cuz the guy I got the car from thinks his dad (owner from 20k miles) had the car at the dealer several times for what sounds like the same or a very similar problem.

After doing this, the problem has lessened in frequency & severity, but it is definitely ongoing. Nothing looks out of place, corroded, or weird except those 2 wires cut & it's strange that moving things around in the door panel causes differences. The new motor in the actuator is definitely more powerful than the original & I had to reverse the polarity, but that shouldn't mess with the stereo.

Members online

No members online now.
Back