Buzzing from my speakers

grhman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 96 mark vlll and sometimes I get a buzzing and crackle coming through my speakers. At times it get really loud I have problems with starting sometimes and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be appreciated

Some times it wont start I have to disconnect the battery for a minute and most times it will start. I also cannot lock my doors the alarm will go off unless I disconnect the anti theft module. . when I first got it the starter would not always work but I haven't had that problem any more. On my display it says my doors are closed but for awhile I kept getting door a jar haven't got that one lately.

Not sure about your starting and alarm issues but some sort of connection probably possibly. If your stereo is buzzing and cracking and getting loud then I also believe amp and possibly head unit or both. Mine started doing this and it was time for a new head unit. This also means speakers and wiring to the front of the car instead of to the back where the amp is. Crutchfield is a good place to start that have specific units that replace a Mark VIII stereo.

I mean that if you call Crutchfield, they will give you all models that fit in the Mark VIII spot easily. Back in the day, it was a science fitting and bolting one in. The radio pops out in two seconds and the new one slides in on the metal rack beneath the existing stereo in the dash. They also sell a Mark VIII conversion wiring kit that connects from the existing head unit to the amp.

After I lost two amps, I converted to the new head unit and the four coaxial speakers.

I replaced it with a used one and it still does it but like the original not all the time it is only once in a while

Members online

Back