Buying door speakers for lincoln ls

v-teg

LVC Member
Reaction score
What going on ppl...... i have a 01 lincoln ls v8 with the alpine system. i need to replace my door speakers on my lincoln since both passenger side speakers blew... i wondering what type of speakers should i go with to stay with that good bump that it has...lemme know any suggestions thanks

If no subs you have many options. Get some sony speakers imo. I had rockford fosgates for a while and i was dissappointed. Since I got subs I have 6*1/2 WHIP Audio speakers now. No bump from the door speakers but just a lil thump in the trunk.

If no subs you have many options. Get some sony speakers imo. I had rockford fosgates for a while and i was dissappointed. Since I got subs I have 6*1/2 WHIP Audio speakers now. No bump from the door speakers but just a lil thump in the trunk.

i am looking to throw some subs in the trunck in the future....what the price for those u think

anyone know who much power the stock door speakers of the alpine throw?

4.88? wow if i didn't have all my speakers in i would some of those up

I have the standard system (not Alpine) and just replaced all 4 speakers with Infinity's from Crutchfield (buy one pair got one 1/2 price). I must say it sounds great.

All 4 speakers in the doors are the same right?

All the same size.

Those ones i posted in the link, will plug right into your factory harness too.

you can do subs and a good amp for 300 if you shop around....look for them used off craigs list or ebay.....i went he best buy roue for my first system (in my 96 coni) and it hit me hard in the pockets....if you go specific questions keep askin

I just put 4 infinity Kappa's in the doors, still on the Alpine power as I have not had the time to do the amp yet, but they sound pretty good, bought a lot more sound into the car, before with the stock speakers and 2 10" JL's there was not enough highs compared to low, the JL's overpowered them. I still dont have good front to rear seperation though, I need more up front, sounds like the rear of the car has most of the sound. I have to get the centers working again and put the Kicker tweeters I have up front somewhere.

I have Eclipse point source 5x7 components in the doors right now, with tweeters flush mounted up higher. Check my pic gallery for a shot of the tweeters. They were inexpensive - about 90 bucks for the pair. What I like about them is they actually keep up with the sub. I was sick of the sub always drowning out the mids/highs. Not any more :D

I have Infinity Reference speakers, which are a really good speaker if you wanna do a mild setup off factory stuff. Very clear.

does having more watt power in the speakers mean better the quality?

It depends if you can get more power to it via amplifier.

Do they work with the alpine system in my car no extra stuff needed......is the size in the back doors the same as the front doors?
i had the alpine in my car. they plugged right in.

same size front and rear.

Look into the Polk Audio DB series speakers.

Also the new Alpine Type S speakers are very nice. I'm personally going with The Polk's for my car.

well i went with 4 8 inch competition beymas in the doors i mean i had to do a little cutting on the plastic but i just used some self wafer screws and they went right in with the panel right over.. you would never be able to tell there was 8 in the doors.
subs i went with 2 12in jl w6s boy do they hit
for highs i went with 2 12inch E V on the deck with 4 3in pryamid tweeters
for a head unit i used some :q:q:q:q called nitro but it plays mp3 dvd everything a pioneer would do with outputs in the back
for a equalizer i went with clarion its only 70 bucks and its REALLY REALLY GOOD 7 band
amps i went with hifonics 680watt for mids,2 rockford old school punch 900watt for bass,tma 320 watt for my 2 ev highs ,and 250 watt old school rockford punch amp for my tweeters
i have nothing custom just all put in the right way looking clean i would put pics but i live in the ghetto and last thing i need is someone for mto come steal my :q:q:q:q lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back