BUYING A Used CAR

kpsouljah

LVC Member
Reaction score
i'm purchasing 2002 lincoln v6 ls 108,000 kilometers on it. i was wondering what are the first few things i should do to it maintanence wise like should i do a complete fluid change, engine flush, and clean my fuel injectors those things and anything else you can suggest that i should do before i run into any major problems.

Check with the previous owner and see if they have any maintenance records on what was done with the car.

If not, then I would just look in the owners manual and see when it is recommended to change all the fluids, do tuneups, etc., and then do them when the vehicle reaches the recommended mileage.

Another alternative, is to go ahead and change all the fluids now, just in case, and then start with the recommended schedule on the fluids!

Not sure if this affects the V6's, but the V8's had the issue with the leaky valve cover gaskets. Maybe someone can chime in and answer!

If its a v6 you may have to change the PCV valve and elbow soon. Its a common problem with the v6s at around 100,000 miles. IMO you might want to consider also getting new struts/shocks

alright thanx but with the pcv valve and elbow that has to deal with emissions and such right and would you guys now how much it would cost to to get new struts and shocks?

replace the ignition coils. if there are any signs of oil, replace the valve cover gaskets as well. look in the maintenance history to see if this has been done.

Members online

No members online now.
Back