Buying a house, I need advice! help

The problem with that is the attorney may not know all of the local codes, covenants, laws, requirements
Any attorney who doesn't know those better than the best real estate agent is on his way to disbarment and whopping great malpractice lawsuits.

Stop believing everything you see on TV.
Unless you are one, I'm pretty certain that I know more attorneys than you do, including some who specialize in real estate law. There's not a real estate agent on earth who knows more about "local codes, covenants, [and] laws" than an attorney who specializes in real estate law (unless the agent also happens to be an attorney).

Back on track, I would go with a buyer's agent on this one, not an attorney, unless you happen to know an attorney who'll cut you a deal.

There's not a real estate agent on earth who knows more about "local codes, covenants, [and] laws" than an attorney who specializes in real estate law (unless the agent also happens to be an attorney).

Of course...but no one said anything about a real estate specific attorney, which is what I was talking to. He lives in a town of 1200...I think the odds of finding a real estate attorney is pretty slim, whereas there is bound to be a real estate agent or two.

Of course...but no one said anything about a real estate specific attorney, which is what I was talking to. He lives in a town of 1200...I think the odds of finding a real estate attorney is pretty slim, whereas there is bound to be a real estate agent or two.
There has to be at least one in the area--an attorney is going to do a title examination before the mortgage company will allow the closing to happen--but yeah, I see your point.

You'd want to find an attorney if there were a dispute over the land or sale, but that's not the case here--all the OP needs is some guidance, and a buyer's agent should be able to provide that. It's like talking to the nurse at your doctor's office about your kid's sniffle; the buyer's agent is going to to be able to advise you on most of the process, including when to consult with an attorney.

Yes frst time home buyer.

:)
Minnesota Housing offers low interest mortgage loans for the purchase of a home and interest free loans to help with down payment and closing costs. While some of our loans may have deferred payments, Minnesota Housing loans do have to be repaid in full unless the terms of the loan indicate otherwise, as in the case of our Quick Start Disaster Recovery Loan program.

Check it out.
http://www.mnhousing.gov/about/faq/Consumers/index.aspx

Who needs Obama programs when you live in this state? ;)

Staff online

Members online

Back