Buying a 03-06 navi need advice!

vicls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i own a 2005 range rover that i'm currently selling want to go back to a lincoln since i own a 02 ls as well.... my fav years are 03-06 for both exterior and interior... hate the old ones and not a fan of the new ones. So just wondering what year is the best and what are common problems? Also whats more reliable especially in the winter i want a good 4x4 that can handle the -40 weather we have up here.... Since the range reliablity wasn't too great especially in the winter.... So ya please tell me what year is good and what are common problems i shoud watch out for when buying a 03-06 navi.... thanks!

WHOAH A WINNIPEGER! i moved from winnipeg to edmonton in august of 09' but im moving back this summer! where abouts in the peg are you? i lived in charleswood and st vital mostly and a little in st james. Having experience living in winnipeg pretty much all my life i think youd be better of with a lincoln mark lt. its a f150 but you get your lincoln luxury!

There were a lot of problems with the 03/04 models not sure if they were all ironed out by 05. But in 05 they gave the Navi a new 6 speed tranny and some other minor updates. If I was buying I would test a couple 05/06s, don't know if they are going to beat out a 05 Range Rover unless you just really did not like it. Those are very expensive SUVs.
Honestly the 2011 is going to be an update. Keep in mind that by going to an 03-06 model you will basically be utilizing 02 technology (navigation, DVD, no bluetooth, no SYNC, no back-up camera) I know most people are not super fans of the newest model but they are a much more solid vehicle and much, much better equipped. You said you were not considering the newest model due to styling so I assume price is not an issue.
I am 99.9% positive that the 2011 front end styling will be brought back to the waterfall grille. So if you are in the $60,000.00 market hold out for one of those.

My only advice is and it just might be presonal preference is to make sure it has the 32v Intech motor and not the 24v triton. the only downfall is the Intech was only available in 03/04 so you lose the abilty to get the 6 speed tranny

Just brought home an 06 the other day. Lovin it, but the only issues so far is the tailgate opens halfway and closes back and the ashtray doesn't stay closed. Time to start troubleshooting......

reason why i don't like my range it runs great but reliablity is crap.. my ls had for 4 years not a single problem.... just wondering how the air suspension on the navi? The reliablity is my MAIN concern on the 03-06 navis... any suggestions? how the reliablity on the 03-06... and during cold cold winters....... i don't want a new one its too much for me...

I had an 03 that was literally nothing but problems for me. Like 77 intermittent days in the shop, literally. that is why I would recommend a 05/06. They had a chance to iron out the bugs. I will say I never had a problem with my air suspension though.

Got an 03 the alternator went out around 83k. Air ride started acting up at 87k. Now coils are starting to go out 1 by 1 and I'm at 92k. Still happy I got it though. I expected the coils to go out cause they stared to go out at 69k on my LS.

so i'm guessing its good to go with something more then 100,000km's + because those cars usually have the problems ironed all out.

so it looks like 03 and 04 are :q:q:q:qty years and sounds like air suspension is kinda bad but prolly not as bad as the range rovers... any other problems or what year you would suggest

so going over 100Km's + would be smarter? Because thats when most of the stuff already went and got fixed like between 50-100k.... Anything else i should watch out for?

Or buying a vehicle with 100K might also mean that you are picking up another persons load of things they did not get fixed.

Your best bet is to find a Lincoln Certified Navi. Then you would get an official Lincoln 6yr 100K warranty just as good as the factory original warranty if problems are a really big concern for you (which they are to most of us).

for older navis such as 03-06 can you get extended warranty on them up here in canada?

If there are Lincoln dealerships in Canada then yes you can buy a Lincoln certified
pre-owned vehicle. The benefits include a extended factory warranty to 6 yrs/100000 miles here in the states.

okay so what do you guys think i should do buy a 03-06 navi.... any serious issues i should watch out for and what years are good.... The range rover i have is sick but way too picky since its european... how does ur navi hold up in the winter? Cold? I just want to go back to domestic because i love my ls not a single problem... i hope navis are the same...

Dude I figured you would've had the Navi already. What are you waiting for????

Members online

No members online now.
Back