buy another gen 2 or.....

manish

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well this spring/ summer I will be in the market for another car. Was thinking of looking below the rust belt for a blue or one who just needs a paint job Lsc Gen 2 for around 2-3k. But then I was thinking about a maruader or even a used Dodge charger rt. I want a car that has v-8 power and something stylish. Now admittedly the charger is what I call a fleet car, there is tons of aftermarket support. And with a intake manifold and can swap with exhaust you can get over 400hp. Then I saw these pictures. Man I would love to have a 2 door charger!! What say you guys? That Gen 2 terminator bumper has me really thinking about that mark VIII.

98171_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

4743694587_56e6ab47bf.jpg

2007-dodge-charger-west-coast-customs1.jpg

scaled-2.jpg

You said your budget was $2-3k
That eliminates all but the mark viii so I think you made your choice.

Chargers are ok but they are dodge and look like ass on the inside.

The new generation chargers/300 are hot though. Looks much better inside and out. But if you want 8 cylinders they will run you $30K and up.

If you want the power of the charger but with some more luxury you can get an SRT8 300 for around $10k. They do have 5 star crash ratings as well and are huge on the inside like a Towncar or DTS.

But if i could afford it i would get myself into these. Im a ford guy but these are well nicely designed and actually come with a big block V8.

mc4xlh.jpg

2yuds2w.jpg

They are also all very heavy and wide cars. Pretty sure it wont handle as well as the mark. But they have lots of aftermarket and im sure you could change that.

Chargers are ok but they are dodge and look like ass on the inside.

The new generation chargers/300 are hot though. Looks much better inside and out. But if you want 8 cylinders they will run you $30K and up.

If you want the power of the charger but with some more luxury you can get an SRT8 300 with 200k+ miles for around $10k.

Fixed

sorry, those are the gayest looking chargers I've seen with those rims and paint..the 2 door modification is the only thing making it worthy..otherwise a 4 door charger is a contradiction to it's name..

Lots of them under 100K miles in my area.

When i bought my LS i looked at a black 07 with no accident history one owner and around 70K miles for $12K and that was 2 years ago.

In my area the 6cyl's are that much. A few hemi's can be found for 11 or 12k. Srt8's start at 15k+.

F$$K The HATERS!! Do your thing!! Those are some BAD cars!! Budget wise I'd stick with the mark, I got mine for $2300, Florida car, 90,000 miles $40,000 new, I'm hooked on em!!

Ok maybe I should have stated that I don't like the colors. I like the body. I would do a factory midnight blue and a decent set of rims. I can't see how you guys who swear by a 2door rwd car wouldnt like a new more potent vehicle that would be even more exclusive. And has a serious aftermarket support. Guys I was a hard core Ford man. Few family members work at various plant. Hell my uncle used to work at the wixom plant...but as a car Guy Chrysler is killing Ford and GM with performance products. Now as for the 2-3k for another mark VIII yes that's all I'm willing to spend on a car over 15 years old and will bleed you dry to maintain. I have no problem buying 2007 rwd or awd vehicle that I can make even more unique. Ijs lets not dog out the competition because we love our marks....all of this is meant to be taken lightly though...:)

Last edited:
the 2 door modification is the only thing making it worthy..otherwise a 4 door charger is a contradiction to it's name..

A 4-door Charger is a Coronet. :lol:

edit: OOPS, nm... those were 2-doors as well. Duh...

So buying a mark like Thomas A's with all new parts is going to fail faster than a 5 year old car with 40k or so.

I say this cause what does age have to do with a toy you will rebuild the way you like it.

^^^nothing. I'm not down on marks...I was trying to understand why some people didn't get the 2 door charger. Actually I still want a clean mark VIII, but got excited at the potential of a 2 door charger.

^^^nothing. I'm not down on marks...I was trying to understand why some people didn't get the 2 door charger. Actually I still want a clean mark VIII, but got excited at the potential of a 2 door charger.

because the 2 door charger is a $200,000 custom built car.
or am i missing something? the first to do it was west coast customs. in fact, they built a mercedes benz s coupe before benz did

Dodge Charger SRT8 - YouTube

Last edited:
Thanks zmt for the reality slap...lol I thought maybe the conversion was about 5-10k. Westcost isn't the only company doing them now. There is even a place in Benton harbor Michigan that does them. I'm still curious though. Anyway I'm going to be looking for another mark soon :)

Thanks zmt for the reality slap...lol I thought maybe the conversion was about 5-10k. Westcost isn't the only company doing them now. There is even a place in Benton harbor Michigan that does them. I'm still curious though. Anyway I'm going to be looking for another mark soon :)

well while you are dreaming check this out

widebodyvertcharger.png

Dodge-Challenger-RT-Convertible-by-West-Coast-Customs.jpg

West Coast Customs @ Auto Club 500 - YouTube

and as for your chrysler has ford and chevy beat on performance.... you must be smokin crack the new gt500 has 650bhp not to mention the king snake 1000bhp or the chevy zr1 ringing in at 638bhp bone azz stock

Ugly

I f'n hate Chargers..

ALL CHRYSLER STUFF is UGLY,,,except that 70's Challenger AND The new one is almost as nice looking,,not quite,, One of my nieghbors has one of the new Challengers,,R/Black,,He's owns a repo business and decided to keep that one after he "grabbed it" for the bank. Tries to tell me it belonged to a drug dealer,,

Members online

No members online now.
Back