Busted Ball Joint

Midas78

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I have searched threads on this, but this is a little different.
I have a busted ball joint on the front right-side of the car, the tread wear is getting really bad. I got a ballpark estimate from Sears Auto Center to cost $250 to replace (includes ball joint, alignment, & labor), only one side needs it. Unfortunately, I don't trust myself to do this myself. So I need to take this to a mechanic. Does this $250 estimate sound about right or should I keep looking around?

Thanks.

250. BS i paid 550 for mine, cause the ls ball joint come with the whole control arm. 250 u better jump on that.

I bet they cant do it for 250. The ball joint is not available seperate from Ford, it comes only with the knuckle.

Good price. If your car has the newer knuckle assy, it is cheaper to replace and they might be able to swing it.

What is this part called? I've been to 2 Sears Auto Centers and they think its a dealer part, but nothing special. I've gone on-line and can't find this part.
I have to get this fixed immediately, but on a budget. The tread is down to the fiber on a 1/4 inch all the way around the outside of the tire.

Thanks.

jump on the 250 get it in writing and when they say cant do it for less then 500
get a lewer and sue them :)

Midas78 said:
Hey all,

I have searched threads on this, but this is a little different.
I have a busted ball joint on the front right-side of the car, the tread wear is getting really bad. I got a ballpark estimate from Sears Auto Center to cost $250 to replace (includes ball joint, alignment, & labor), only one side needs it. Unfortunately, I don't trust myself to do this myself. So I need to take this to a mechanic. Does this $250 estimate sound about right or should I keep looking around?

Thanks.

If it matters, I will sell the OEM knuckle with ball joint as follows:

4W4Z-3K185-BA List $245.82 LVC $184.37
plus $7 for S&H.

PM me if you would like to order it.

TeamFord said:
If it matters, I will sell the OEM knuckle with ball joint as follows:

4W4Z-3K185-BA List $245.82 LVC $184.37
plus $7 for S&H.

PM me if you would like to order it.

What is the approximate shipping time? I have a 6 hour drive on Labor Day and I don't think I'll make it with the damaged ball joint.

Thanks for the info!! I have to contact my funds supplier for this part, then I'll PM you.

:Beer :yourock:

I plan on putting up a banner ad for you guys soon to help out with the cost of running a forum. I am just waiting for my advertising quote.

I will have discounted prices across the board for all Ford/Lincoln/Mercury products. There will be an online catalog with the discount built-in with online billing. Most items will ship within 24 hours.

Members online

No members online now.
Back