Bush's Approval Rating Hits New Low

You can fool some of the people all of the time . . . .

Geez, in 50 posts you all have convinced me that the polls do harm to BuSh. So what?

Here's to all the propaganda propagaters! :Beer

barry2952 said:
Geez, in 50 posts you all have convinced me that the polls do harm to BuSh. So what?

So what positive is done by the constant media polling?
What is the purpopse? Why do they keep doing it?

Are they just lazy journalists, aware that it's easier to report on a poll than to find a real story. Or are they editorial decisions designed to weaken the President they didn't support (9 out of 10 journalists vote Democrat)?

GALLUP POLLING DROPS CNN AFTER 'LOW RATINGS'; FULL MEMO REVEALED
Tue Mar 21 2006 19:01:37 ET

The GALLUP polling company has dropped CNN as its outlet for electronic distribution.

GALLUP, CNN and USA TODAY have been polling partners since 1992.

"CNN has far fewer viewers than it did in the past, and we feel that our brand was getting lost and diluted," GALLUP claimed in an internal memo, obtained by the DRUDGE REPORT.

CNN tells TVNEWSER.COM, which first reported the split: "We want to make it clear that the decision to not renew our polling arrangement had to do with GALLUP's desire to produce their own broadcasts and not about CNN viewership figures. In fact, GALLUP had negotiated with us for four months in an effort to extend the partnership."

**EXCLUSIVE**The full memo, by Jim Clifton, Chairman & CEO of GALLUP:

We have chosen "not" to renew our contract with CNN.

We have had a great partnership with CNN but it is not the right alignment for our future. The longtime partnership has been very helpful to The Gallup Poll as it put us "back big" fifteen years ago when our famous Gallup Poll had lost most of its national coverage. Our CNN partnership helped us make a great comeback. We had a great run as we just cut our 4000th segment this week.

The Gallup Poll will go on with more polling than ever, but with new distribution channels.

WHY. 1) CNN has far fewer viewers than it did in the past and we feel that our brand was getting lost and diluted combined with the CNN brand. We have only about 200 thousand viewers during our CNN segments.

2) We are creating our own e-broadcasting programs and we don't want to be married to one broadcast network. We don't want to move to another network like CBS or Fox but rather become our own network. We cannot do this while married to CNN.

3) By dissolving our partnership with CNN we believe that Frank and other Gallup analysts will be seen as more independent so they will be more likely to be invited on a wide variety of television shows rather than primarily linked to CNN. We believe with this new found independence, we will get covered by more broadcast media because we are not the poll of their competitor.

4) We have enthusiastically renewed our print partner, USA Today. They have arguably the best readership of any newspaper in the world. It has approximately 2.4 mil subscriptions and 7.5 mil readers per day. Far more than the New York Times or the Wall Street Journal. And it has substantial international coverage for being a US paper. We also believe that print is a much needed way to present our polls for those interested in studying a chart or reading analysis.

In the big picture, USA Today supplies more than 10x the users per day than CNN. USA Today is our 800lb paperboy. Or the primary distributor of The Gallup Poll. We want to have two primary distribution channels. 1) USA Today and 2) e-Gallup News. We will go on any regular TV show for guest appearances because it will help build our e-viewership. We also will be featured on AOL's front page for news. The AOL e-distribution will likely add more eyeballs per day than all of CNN.

This is a big move for us. We have to boldly change and invent new futures for Gallup or we will not survive the hurricane of competition coming from all directions in everything we do. I personally proposed the deal to Ted Turner about fifteen years ago while backstage at a "People's Choice" event and then again at their headquarters in Atlanta. It has been a great partnership and one that has meant a lot to this CEO. One in which we have all been very proud and one where we delivered our very best work every week. We have offered to help CNN find a new polling partner and to be as helpful as we can during this transition.

Jim

END

I miss my daily Barry bashing of Bush's poll numbers.

What?!? Bush's numbers are climbing and nothing is mentioned.

Seems that Barry acts exactly like today's media. Report on and trumpet the bad news and at all cost, bury the good news.

Typical liberal tactics.

For what it is worth to anyone who cares, there is a group of conservatives looking to buy a major liberal print outlet and turn it transparently conservative. In other words, spin the editorial department on its ear and start reporting the truth, good news, optimism, etc. Everything that today's MSM media is incapable of doing. This won't be a FOX attempt at running down the middle. This is a take a lib rag and make it worth more than the toilet paper it is printed on attempt. Could be very interesting.

Typical loudmouth, jacka$$, response Bryan.

In case you hadn't noticed there were some real conversations going on now that things have calmed down. Nice personal attack, jerk.

As a matter fact, you buddy's numbers hit 40% for three days in a row and I didn't say a word.

You can be a real pindick when you want to.

barry2952 said:

What exactly is "hope" based on.
What critical thinking skill do I need to focus on inorder to refine and develop my hoping skills?

barry2952 said:
Typical loudmouth, jacka$$, response Bryan.

In case you hadn't noticed there were some real conversations going on now that things have calmed down. Nice personal attack, jerk.

As a matter fact, you buddy's numbers hit 40% for three days in a row and I didn't say a word.

You can be a real pindick when you want to.

:)

I guess here is where the smileys really come in handy...

*owned*

Calabrio said:
What critical thinking skill do I need to focus on inorder to refine and develop my hoping skills?
Wasn't Clinton from "hope" ? :p

Calabrio said:

Does "pray" fit your RW ideology better? What skills does one need to pray?

barry2952 said:
Does "pray" fit your RW ideology better? What skills does one need to pray?
To "pray" requires a conscience. Which may explain why many liberals are agnostic.:shifty:

Since Bryan wants to see how poorly GWB is doing I will post the numbers every day, just for him.:)

Thursday March 23, 2006--Forty-three percent (43%) of American adults approve of the way George W. Bush is performing his role as President.:q:)

And Bryan's proud of BuSh's recovery from 40%. Pretty funny. Pretty pathetic.

barry2952 said:
Since Bryan wants to see how poorly GWB is doing I will post the numbers every day, just for him.

Gee, I chided you and only now are you going to bore us with a daily briefing on Bush's popularity. LOL.

Plus, show me where I said I was 'proud' of Bush's recovery from 40-43%? Oh mister don't put words in my mouth master.

barry2952 said:
And Bryan's proud of BuSh's recovery from 40%. Pretty funny. Pretty pathetic.
Bush's numbers are only at 43%? You should be ashamed of yourself. With 5 years of spin and lies by the whole of the MSM, Bush is 'ONLY' down 8 points from what got him elected and that is pathetic?

You know what is pathetic? Clinton was elected President in '92 with only 43%. Now that was pathetic.

Friday March 24, 2006--Forty-three percent (43%) of American adults approve of the way George W. Bush is performing his role as President.:q

Monday March 27, 2006--Forty-five percent (45%) of American adults approve of the way George W. Bush is performing his role as President.

It is not clear whether the recent uptick in the President's Approval Rating is a lasting improvement or statistical noise. However, the change reflects a rebound among Republicans, 80% of whom now give the President their approval. That's a lower level of support than the President enjoyed from the GOP faithful during his first five years in office. However, it is an improvement from the last couple of weeks.

barry2952 said:
Monday March 27, 2006--Forty-five percent (45%) of American adults approve of the way George W. Bush is performing his role as President.

It is not clear whether the recent uptick in the President's Approval Rating is a lasting improvement or statistical noise. However, the change reflects a rebound among Republicans, 80% of whom now give the President their approval. That's a lower level of support than the President enjoyed from the GOP faithful during his first five years in office. However, it is an improvement from the last couple of weeks.

Barry...

Are you working for Rasmussen? It almost sounds like you are writing the analysis now.:rolleyes:

More statistical noise....I love it. Wheneverthenewsisgood, it's now called statistical noise.

BTW, I HAVE noticed that Rasmussen is becoming statiscally more liberal. What a surprise, eh!

You picked the source. I simply post the results. Why aren't you upset with your buddy Rasmussen? You think he should fold up shop because you perceive that he is hurting the president? Have you told him that? What was his response?

barry2952 said:
You picked the source. I simply post the results. Why aren't you upset with your buddy Rasmussen? You think he should fold up shop because you perceive that he is hurting the president? Have you told him that? What was his response?

Actually, I have told him a couple times that he is losing his perceived impartiality. One need only look at all the 'hate' ads he posts on the site now to know where the group is going. Same exact thing happened to Zogby.

It's too bad. I always felt he was the most honest in his questioning but now I tend to doubt it. All you have to be is very subtle with your polling questions to change the results. It may be he feels his results aren't in line with the rest of the mainstream media, so he has to change approach.

All I know is an impartial pollster should not have any kinds of political ads on the site. Rasmussen has gone over the edge in my opinion so the numbers don't carry as much water for me anymore. Don't blame me. Blame the site for allowing Bush bashing ads. Always follow the money.

barry2952 said:
Once again you demonstrate your insightfulness and quick wit. I am overwhelmed indeed.

It is no wonder that people go out of their way to engage you. I mean, look, you have such a way with words. It must be intimidating to most that few seem to want to challenge you post to post. :rolleyes:

MonsterMark said:
Actually, I have told him a couple times that he is losing his perceived impartiality. One need only look at all the 'hate' ads he posts on the site now to know where the group is going. Same exact thing happened to Zogby.

It's too bad. I always felt he was the most honest in his questioning but now I tend to doubt it. All you have to be is very subtle with your polling questions to change the results. It may be he feels his results aren't in line with the rest of the mainstream media, so he has to change approach.

All I know is an impartial pollster should not have any kinds of political ads on the site. Rasmussen has gone over the edge in my opinion so the numbers don't carry as much water for me anymore. Don't blame me. Blame the site for allowing Bush bashing ads. Always follow the money.

WTF are you talking about??

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/

The only adds I see on this page are one for the WSJ and another for free credit reports. Fabricating another fantasy excuse?

JohnnyBz00LS said:
WTF are you talking about??

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/

The only adds I see on this page are one for the WSJ and another for free credit reports. Fabricating another fantasy excuse?

:Bang Another time you get owned. Obviously you guys on the Left only look for headlines. Guess where your 'friend' Barry got his avatar?*owned*

And the picture was taken right from the Rasmussen site.

You guys make it too easy.

Follow the linky...
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Bush_Job_Approval.htm

Anti Bush.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back