Bush's Approval Rating Hits New Low

MAC1 said:
Don’t you remember how democrats use to focus on the economy right up to 2005 before President Bush’s tax cuts spurred impressive economic growth and job creation. I'm sure you remember democrats were still milking their 14-year old "the economy, stupid" slogan right up until the economy took off.

Now, that the economy is doing so well under a republican president and republican dominated Congress, democrats have little to say about the economy. Instead, they have their index fingers against firmly pursed lips hoping Americans will forget about their clever little slogan and the importance they once placed on a strong economy. It’s obvious a strong economy under a republican Congress is not what the democrats want, as it only serves to detract from their ability to moan and complain, which, is what they do best.
Oh, ok, thank you for clarifying your point...I didn't quite get it, because I didn't remember that slogan. I apologize if my response sounded rude, it was meant in jest.

I personally feel the economy isn't all that strong, vacillating between run-away inflation and an over investment in the housing market (which if the bubble bursts will be the first time in history that Real estate loses money), but I can't argue that the indicators do show a strong economy and that to those who don't verse themselves in the history of the system it looks strong.

Regardless of the economy however, I can't see *more* people voting ultra-conservative, it just doesn't make sense. People are people, and about half are going to vote one way and about half are going to vote the other way, and as always the outskirts of both sides will stay the outskirts.

raVeneyes said:
I personally feel the economy isn't all that strong, vacillating between run-away inflation and an over investment in the housing market (which if the bubble bursts will be the first time in history that Real estate loses money), but I can't argue that the indicators do show a strong economy and that to those who don't verse themselves in the history of the system it looks strong.

You personally feel this because you have fallen for the media's negative portrayal of the economy.

It really doesn't matter what you *feel* anyway, the facts speak for themselves.

U.S. Economic Growth Rises Sharply
By VIKAS BAJAJ
The American economy grew at its fastest pace in more than two years in the first quarter of 2006, the Commerce Department reported today, as consumers and businesses spent briskly.

The gross domestic product, the widest measure of the nation's output, grew at an annual rate of 4.8 percent in the first quarter, as Americans bought more computers, furniture and cars. Businesses invested more in office buildings, industrial equipment and transportation equipment, and the government spent more on national defense.

Growth was widespread and appeared to be unhindered, at least thus far, by higher energy prices and rising interest rates. A critical measure of inflation for personal consumption, closely followed by the Federal Reserve, rose at an annual rate of 2 percent in the first quarter, down from 2.4 percent in the fourth quarter of 2005, according to the Commerce Department report. A broader GDP price index was up 3.3 percent, down from 3.5 percent in the fourth quarter.

"Clearly the economy still has plenty of momentum with a little hint of inflation risk in the background," said Ethan Harris, chief United States economist at Lehman Brothers.

Stocks were mixed and bonds fell slightly after the report came out. The Nasdaq composite index and the Dow Jones industrial average were led down by Microsoft, which fell almost 11 percent after warning that it may not meet Wall Street's profits expectations in the coming months.

President Bush said the report showed that the country was "on the fast track" and called on Congress to make his tax cuts permanent. "The surest way to put the brakes on the economy is to raise taxes or spend too much of the taxpayers' money here in Washington," he said at the White House.

Earlier, Senator Jack Reed, Democrat of Rhode Island [should read Demagogue of Rhode Island] , said the economic growth, while welcome, was uneven and most workers' wages were not keeping up with inflation. "We can't be satisfied until economic growth provides widespread benefits to American families," Mr. Reed, the ranking member on the Joint Economic Committee, said in a statement.

Economic growth fell slightly short of analysts' forecast of 4.9 percent growth, according to a survey by Bloomberg News, but it was much faster than the 1.7 percent increase registered in the fourth quarter. This is the government's first estimate of growth and the data is typically revised up as more information is collected.

Some economists say at least some of the growth in the first quarter probably reflects a catch-up from the end of last year, when the economy was suffering from the aftershocks of Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. But the growth is expected to slow as that bounce wears off and as higher gasoline prices, which are hovering around $3 a gallon in much of the country, take their toll on consumers and businesses.

Most of the growth came from consumer spending, which jumped 5.5 percent after a muted 0.9 percent increase in the fourth quarter. Investments in construction, equipment and software, which increased by 6.5 percent, added much of the rest.

Analysts say businesses' willingness to spend their rising corporate profits to increase capacity and hire workers marks an important turning point, because the expansion thus far has largely been fueled by consumer spending.

"You have a very healthy corporate sector and it is gradually emerging from its hibernation," Mr. Harris of Lehman said.

The investment is showing up in projects for new factories, offices and hospitals, said Kenneth Simonson, chief economist of the Associated General Contractors of America. "Everywhere people seem to be upbeat and extremely busy," he said.

Spending on nonresidential structures jumped 8.6 percent in the first quarter, from 3.1 percent in the fourth quarter, even as residential construction slowed down slightly to 2.6 percent from 2.8 percent.

The biggest uncertainty for the American economy remains the financial health of consumers. Rising interest rates, which remain near historic lows, could dampen spending. Already, mortgage applications have fallen by more than 20 percent in the last 12 months and home equity loans have flattened out. Higher energy prices could also limit spending on other goods and services.

The University of Michigan reported that its consumer confidence index fell to 87.4 in April from 88.9 in March, reflecting concerns about higher gasoline prices.

Analysts say the impact of higher energy costs and interest rates could be offset by an improving job market and rising wages, but it remains unclear how the two competing forces will play out in the coming months.

Separately, the Labor Department reported today that businesses' employment costs increased by 0.6 percent in the first quarter, down from 0.8 percent in the fourth quarter, as the cost of benefits increased more slowly. Wage expenses rose by 0.7 percent, the same as in the fourth quarter.

fossten said:
You personally feel this because you have fallen for the media's negative portrayal of the economy.

It really doesn't matter what you *feel* anyway, the facts speak for themselves.
Well, I can't say whether it matters what I feel or not, but I can say I've not been influenced in any way by the media on the matter of the economy...I don't typically watch economic news... I have studied economic history, and I keep an eye on my bank account, but that's about it for how much I know about what the media reports on the economy.

raVeneyes said:
I have studied economic history, and I keep an eye on my bank account, but that's about it for how much I know about what the media reports on the economy.
Here's what you need to know. If this was Clinton's economy, it would be the greatest ever recorded in modern history. And that is the plain truth.

With few jobless, employers labor to fill positions
By Jeff Ostrowski
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/business/content/business/epaper/2006/05/20/m1a_jobless_0520.html
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Marc Mirabella can't wait to fill the empty cubicles in the Jupiter office of his technology-recruiting firm, but an ever-shrinking jobless rate isn't helping his cause.

There's plenty of business out there for his company, Oxford International, he said, but not enough workers.

"We need people — bad," said Mirabella, who runs the 50-person Florida office of Massachusetts-based Oxford.

Like many employers in Palm Beach County and the Treasure Coast, Mirabella struggles to fill empty desks as jobless figures keep setting records.

The unemployment rates in Palm Beach and Martin counties fell to 30-year lows in April, state officials said Friday.

In Palm Beach County, unemployment sank to 2.8 percent from 3 percent in March, according to the Florida Agency for Workforce Innovation. That's the lowest since 1976, when state officials last overhauled the way they track the job market.

In Martin County, the jobless rate was 2.6 percent, down from 2.9 percent in March. And in St. Lucie County, the jobless rate remained 3.1 percent, tied for a record low.

For years, the region has been a perennial job growth juggernaut as the housing market fueled a boom in construction and construction-related jobs. But now, that demand seems to be feeding on itself — even as the housing market cools.

Employers of every ilk — from hotels to call centers to high-paying engineering firms — who had become used to having their pick of a growing labor force are forced to look at alternatives, including expanding to where the workers are — outside a state where the jobless rate fell to 3.0 percent in April, well below the national rate of 4.7 percent.

Recruiting methods expand

Workers, on the other hand, appear to be in the catbird seat.

In Palm Beach County, only 17,585 people were actively seeking work in April, while 609,615 workers were employed, state officials said.

That's good news for workers, who are beginning to get raises. The average weekly wage in Palm Beach County in the third quarter of last year was $768, up 6.7 percent from a year earlier, according to the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

But the microscopic jobless rate doesn't make life any easier for employers like Mirabella, who wants to hire another 50 people. Oxford International places high-end tech workers with employers.

Landing a sales job at Oxford requires little more than a college degree and a good attitude, Mirabella said. Workers can make as much as $80,000 to $100,000 a year within a few years.

But the empty desks remain, so Mirabella recently hired a recruiting director to troll job fairs and college campuses. Oxford offers a $1,500 bonus to workers who refer job applicants who get hired.

At 401kExchange in Greenacres, President Fred Barstein faces similar difficulties in filling the 35 empty seats at his call center, where workers make $35,000 to $40,000 a year. Unable to hire employees here, Barstein is opening a call center in Utah, where wages are lower and, he hopes, workers more plentiful.

For higher-paid positions, Barstein has little choice but to let workers telecommute. He has top employees who work from their homes in Tampa, New Jersey and California.

"I'd rather have everybody here," Barstein said. "There is a lot lost by not being able to have people walk into your office and talk to you. But that's what you have to do to attract talent."

Other employers also are dangling incentives to workers who help recruit employees. At The Breakers in Palm Beach, employees get a $100 gift card to Publix for referring someone who lands a job at the resort.

And with jobless rates still dropping, The Breakers has begun sweetening the pot, spokeswoman Ann Margo Peart said. An employee who refers a chef or restaurant manager, for instance, gets a dinner for two at one of The Breakers' posh eateries. A worker who helps recruit a housekeeper receives two Breakers robes.

Employers revise thinking

The tight job market is forcing employers to offer more generous salaries and benefits, said Dawn Gill of Spherion, a Fort Lauderdale-based staffing firm.

"Employers are really changing the way they look at the workforce," Gill said.

Statewide, the professional and business services sector — think lawyers, accountants and people placed by staffing firms — continued to drive the job market in April, creating 59,100 jobs over the past year. The construction industry was next, adding 48,600 jobs.

But some warn that a cooling real estate market could translate to pain for construction workers, a group that has seen insatiable demand for its services. Jeff Spear, a home builder who's president of the Gold Coast Builders Association, predicts layoffs.

"A lot of builders are cutting back because sales are flat," Spear said.

For now, though, the good times are rolling. Every one of Florida's 67 counties had a lower unemployment rate than the national average of 4.7 percent.

The Panhandle's Walton County had the state's lowest jobless rate, 1.8 percent. Hendry County's 4.3 percent was the highest.

Tuesday May 23, 2006--Thirty-nine percent (39%) of Americans Approve of the way that George W. Bush is performing his role as President. Sixty percent (60%) disapprove. Just 18% Strongly Approve of the President's performance while 46% Strongly Disapprove.

MonsterMark said:
Here's what you need to know. If this was Clinton's economy, it would be the greatest ever recorded in modern history. And that is the plain truth.

I love how your excercise in mental masterbation keeps the glasses "rosy":

source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197110,00.html

The Commerce Department reported Friday that consumer spending jumped 0.6 percent last month, the best showing since a 0.8 percent rise in January, while incomes rose by 0.5 percent, supported by strong wage and salary gains.

However, core inflation, excluding energy and food, was up 2.1 percent in April compared to the same month a year ago. This was the fastest increase in this inflation gauge since a similar 2.1 percent increase for the 12 months ending in March 2005 and was above the Fed's comfort zone for inflation.

Inflation outpaces income increases by 4x, that's pedaling backwards. But hey, whatever makes you feel good.

I love this too........

source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197067,00.html

Asked about his missteps, Bush said his vernacular has been a major one.

"Saying, 'Bring it on'; kind of tough talk, you know, that sent the wrong signal to people. I learned some lessons about expressing myself maybe in a little more sophisticated manner, you know. 'Wanted, dead or alive'; that kind of talk. I think in certain parts of the world it was misinterpreted. And so I learned from that," he said.

Gee, you THINK? Seems BuSh is guilty of exactly what he's been complaining about of all the anti-war crowd: ENCOURAGING THE ENEMY, sending MIXED MESSAGES, EMBOLDING THE TERRORISTS. DOH!

JohnnyBz00LS said:
I love this too........

source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197067,00.html

Gee, you THINK? Seems BuSh is guilty of exactly what he's been complaining about of all the anti-war crowd [aren't YOU in that group?] : ENCOURAGING THE ENEMY, sending MIXED MESSAGES, EMBOLDING THE TERRORISTS. DOH!

Once again...you...miss...the...whole...point. Not a surprise.

What he meant was that he's learned not to say those kinds of things because the Drive-by Media tends to take what he says and twist it into inflammatory rhetoric. They do this because they want us, much like you do Johnny, to LOSE THE WAR. What he's learned is not to say things like that in front of cameras, but instead let his actions do the talking.

The only ones encouraging the enemy are the libwack demoncrats in Congress like Murtha and Kerry, and the rest of the Drive-by Media who want us to LOSE THE WAR. Hence the CONSTANT stream of bad news and total eschewing of good news.

Bush knows that BEING strong and FIGHTING terrorism instead of running from it (Murtha/Kerry et al) will actually win the war. If he had some actual support from the Drive-by Media in this war, he'd probably not have to worry so much about what he says. Case in point: Look at all the headlines. They ignore the majority of Bush's words and points, and instead focus on the fact that he admitted a mistake. Whoopee!!! We got him!!! Hurrah! Let's party! They are so stupid to act that way and anyone duped by them (shoe fits, wear it) is even stupider.

MonsterMark said:
No need to apologize Mr. President.

Apologize? LOL, you are giving BuSh much more credit than he deserves. There was no apology in what he said. Apparently your rose colored glasses have some brown overspray on them.

First of all, there is no need to respond to this, I'll more than likely not return to read it.Now my point.

Until I came here I was aware of the divisons in this country and I was sure that there was something somewhere that could concevibly bring this country together, now I see the error in my thinking.What I have witnessed on this site is probably the saddest example of ADULTS comunicating that I've ever seen.And yes Fossten, I know it goes on at all politcal sites, no need to say it again.I can't understand why someone would sit at a computer all day looking for biased articles just because they know that posting it will start a fight with someone else.There is clearly no discussion of anything.The whole point is to say, see, I'm right, told you so, nana nana boob boo, etc.It blows my mind that people who seem to be otherwise intelligent ADULTS, would engage in this kind of BS.You should all be ashamed of yourselves, grow up, and do something productive.This kind of sh*t is exactly whats wrong with this country.It's depressing to think that this is how people act, and as long as you're acting like this, nothing, let me say it again, NOTHING is going to get solved or corrected.It's just plain f*cking pathetic.That goes for everyone, left, right... up, down, whatever you're calling yourselves nowadays.I hope that someday you all remember what you learned in kindergarden and begin being civil with one another, honor each other's opinon's, recognize when you're wrong, and act like ADULTS.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying that it's 100% of whats being posted.There are a few clear, concise, thought out points being made, but most of it's just the same old blah blah blah.

by the way, 1989 Towncar, an old friend and reliable servant, R.I.P.

Hank,Ruby and the Lincoln 007.jpg

As long as people like you sit on your hands and do nothing more than criticize, you're right, things won't get better.

If you cannot understand that media bias has divided the country, well, what can I say.

People b!tch that Bush is wire tapping their phones yet you will be pulled over and given a ticket for not wearing your seat belt.

I can go on and on.

Crazyman, I respect your opinion. I have seen it voiced by many that have taken the position you have. Would I like more dialogue? Sure. We work with what we have here.

Many people choose to lurk and not post. I'm sure some of these people don't want to be 'attacked' for their views. Well, I got news for you. We are in a war here in the United States. We are divided. We are fighting for whose system of government is better for ALL Americans. I consider myself a 'freedom fighter'. I don't believe that liberalism and big government are good for this country. Unless we find a way to become lean, we are going to get beaten again and again in the world of economics by the emerging countries where science and computers and the Internet are leveling the playing field. I don't want to happen here what is happening over in Europe. Therefore, I, and many others choose to make a stand here and now.

We whine about Bush this and Bush that. We whine about the quagmire in Iraq but yet a pair of gunmen (Ie: the snipers in D.C. ) can paralyze a huge American City. Can you imagine what would happen if the bad guys start setting off I.E.D.'s here in the US? One of the useful things - if you can call it useful- coming out of Iraq is our knowledge gained from the terrorists and potential tactics. I am glad we are learning how to deal with IED's over there and not here.

So you can call us names and say we are immature and don't have a life, whatever. Truth is, if you cared, you would put on a thick skin and jump right in. Sure, you're gonna take a hit now and then. What do you think happens to politicians everyday? Who would even want to go into politics anymore? Is it my fault OR the fault of the media who continues to spin every media event so that they can forward their own political agenda.

crazyman said:
First of all, there is no need to respond to this, I'll more than likely not return to read it.Now my point.

Until I came here I was aware of the divisons in this country and I was sure that there was something somewhere that could concevibly bring this country together, now I see the error in my thinking.What I have witnessed on this site is probably the saddest example of ADULTS comunicating that I've ever seen.And yes Fossten, I know it goes on at all politcal sites, no need to say it again.I can't understand why someone would sit at a computer all day looking for biased articles just because they know that posting it will start a fight with someone else.There is clearly no discussion of anything.The whole point is to say, see, I'm right, told you so, nana nana boob boo, etc.It blows my mind that people who seem to be otherwise intelligent ADULTS, would engage in this kind of BS.You should all be ashamed of yourselves, grow up, and do something productive.This kind of sh*t is exactly whats wrong with this country.It's depressing to think that this is how people act, and as long as you're acting like this, nothing, let me say it again, NOTHING is going to get solved or corrected.It's just plain f*cking pathetic.That goes for everyone, left, right... up, down, whatever you're calling yourselves nowadays.I hope that someday you all remember what you learned in kindergarden and begin being civil with one another, honor each other's opinon's, recognize when you're wrong, and act like ADULTS.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying that it's 100% of whats being posted.There are a few clear, concise, thought out points being made, but most of it's just the same old blah blah blah.

by the way, 1989 Towncar, an old friend and reliable servant, R.I.P.

Crazyman, I KNOW you're reading this.

First of all, I spend very little time each day reading the posts in this forum. I spend very little more actually responding. This is due in part to my speed-reading ability, my critical thinking skills, my websurfing skill, and my blazing typing speed. So you must not be talking to me.

Secondly, I agree that much of the debate on this forum isn't what you'd consider healthy, logical debate. It gets silly and juvenile in here and it could be better, as well as for the whole country. But that will NEVER happen as long as people in this country act on their emotions, forming conclusions based upon fear and soundbites. As long as there are liars and willing accomplices in the media to those liars, there will be people who want to argue an issue but have no factual basis on which to form an argument. When that happens, their argument dissolves into name-calling and demagoguing because they are EMOTIONALLY TIED UP IN THEIR BELIEFS. What we do here is use the new media to counteract lies and half-truths with REAL FACTS.

Having said that, it is important that ESPECIALLY when people like that are EMOTING on this forum, people with the facts on their side need to smack them down and share the truth for those WHO ARE LURKING but not posting. This is for their benefit.

Example: Johnny and barry will never change their minds about what they believe, no matter how many facts one thrusts in front of their faces. But people who are lurking on the fence or don't know what to believe can make a good judgment based upon the back-and-forth debate of issues here. They are smart people who can tell when somebody's just bashing vs. when somebody's legitimately presenting a good point.

What you continue to do is the worst thing: You drive-by bash EVERYBODY here, effectively criticizing in a contemptuous way those who take the time to think about an issue and comment on it. Because you don't bother to contribute, your current actions are neither desired nor productive to this forum. In effect, your behavior borders on asocial behavior, which isn't healthy for you or those you victimize with your actions. So stop spraying your own version of hate in here and get lost, or else learn how to integrate with others socially.

fossten said:
What you continue to do is the worst thing: You drive-by bash EVERYBODY here, effectively criticizing in a contemptuous way those who take the time to think about an issue and comment on it. Because you don't bother to contribute, your current actions are neither desired nor productive to this forum. In effect, your behavior borders on asocial behavior, which isn't healthy for you or those you victimize with your actions. So stop spraying your own version of hate in here and get lost, or else learn how to integrate with others socially.

You need to practice what you preach, as you are the worst offender here. YOU preaching to ANYONE about "asocial behavior" is like a crack whore preaching to a church full of nuns about virtue.

fossten said:
First of all, I spend very little time each day reading the posts in this forum. I spend very little more actually responding. This is due in part to my speed-reading ability, my critical thinking skills, my websurfing skill, and my blazing typing speed. So you must not be talking to me.

Yeah, rrrrrriiiiiiiiight. I think your post count speaks volumes about how big of a pile of stinking :bsflag: that statement is.
:rolleyes:

fossten said:
They are smart people who can tell when somebody's just bashing vs. when somebody's legitimately presenting a good point.

To that, I would agree. Too bad for you that you never end up on the right end of that stick.

I read very little of this thread. I already knew that politically, I think several people on here are class act jackasses that I'll think less than a pile of dogchit of. Thats the main reason I hadn't wandered in here yet. But then I saw the title of this thread on the main page and made the mistake of looking. Now I have to educate.

First and foremost, any of you people who actually believe that this country would be better off with panties in a twist liberals are a lost cause. Al Gore, yeah, he'd be great. He'd be more concerned about messing up the desert enviorment than kicking ass. John Kerry, what a wonderful choice. The King mr. I got three purple hearts and came home to stick it in the ass of the rest of the guys doing their jobs. He basically shot himself in the ass 30 years ago. Fortunately, the majority of the people in this country realize that a democrat is not capable of leading this country in a war. Well, I take that back. Only a southern democrat is capable of such.

You all fail to recognize one major thing. (I assume most of you are older than I am and remember this much better) EVERYONE was on Reagan's ass during his tenure. He was criticized at every turn. He has now gone down in history as one of the greatest presidents we have ever had, bar none.

You've got a bunch of filthy lying bastards on the left. Kennedy, Pelosi, Clinton, and so on. They have no belief, other than than what the people want to hear at that moment, and if it changes in 20 minutes then so do they. Get a grip. Bush is doing exactly what the liberals criticized him for not doing pre 911, and now they are on his ass for doing it. You can't have your cake and eat it too morons:rolleyes:

And, for those of you who are going to call me a warmongering republican, I am more of an independant than anything else. I believe what I believe, not what some party line says. I think that Neal Boortz is an excellent comparison. I like Hannity and Limbaugh, and Al Franken is a F'ing idiot.

Now, for a lighter side. I read a little funny today that went like this;

I'd like to see the 2008 presidential ballot look like this: Condi Rice vs Hillary Clinton so I could see those southern boys gnarling their teeth trying to decide whether to vote for an uppity black woman or a female flaming liberal:D

Johnny, you just proved my point.

You offered nothing substantive, as usual, only hopeless, empty, absurd invective. (see dictionary)

Last edited by a moderator:
stang99x said:
First and foremost, any of you people who actually believe that this country would be better off with panties in a twist liberals are a lost cause. Al Gore, yeah, he'd be great. He'd be more concerned about messing up the desert enviorment than kicking ass. John Kerry, what a wonderful choice. The King mr. I got three purple hearts and came home to stick it in the ass of the rest of the guys doing their jobs. He basically shot himself in the ass 30 years ago. Fortunately, the majority of the people in this country realize that a democrat is not capable of leading this country in a war. Well, I take that back. Only a southern democrat is capable of such.

You all fail to recognize one major thing. (I assume most of you are older than I am and remember this much better) EVERYONE was on Reagan's ass during his tenure. He was criticized at every turn. He has now gone down in history as one of the greatest presidents we have ever had, bar none.

You've got a bunch of filthy lying bastards on the left. Kennedy, Pelosi, Clinton, and so on. They have no belief, other than than what the people want to hear at that moment, and if it changes in 20 minutes then so do they. Get a grip. Bush is doing exactly what the liberals criticized him for not doing pre 911, and now they are on his ass for doing it.

Yikes, tell us what you really think. Don't hold back.:D

stang99x said:
I read very little of this thread. I already knew that politically, I think several people on here are class act jackasses that I'll think less than a pile of dogchit of. Thats the main reason I hadn't wandered in here yet. But then I saw the title of this thread on the main page and made the mistake of looking. Now I have to educate.

You've got a bunch of filthy lying bastards on the left. Kennedy, Pelosi, Clinton, and so on. They have no belief, other than than what the people want to hear at that moment, and if it changes in 20 minutes then so do they. Get a grip. Bush is doing exactly what the liberals criticized him for not doing pre 911, and now they are on his ass for doing it. You can't have your cake and eat it too morons:rolleyes:

And, for those of you who are going to call me a warmongering republican, I am more of an independant than anything else. I believe what I believe, not what some party line says. I think that Neal Boortz is an excellent comparison. I like Hannity and Limbaugh, and Al Franken is a F'ing idiot.

I'd like to see the 2008 presidential ballot look like this: Condi Rice vs Hillary Clinton so I could see those southern boys gnarling their teeth trying to decide whether to vote for an uppity black woman or a female flaming liberal:D

Bravo. Nice to see some right-wing talking points from somebody else for a change.

stang99x said:

Looks like MonsterMark and Fossten have a new cohort... Good post by the way.

I plain and simply call'em like I see'em. Yes, I voted for Bush. Yes, I'd vote for him again. Yes, I am ready to move on in the current world efforts (like moving on over to Iran and kicking thier asses) Then bring the boys home. Its not all to different from when Wilson sent the brand new naval fleet around the world to show American mightyness. Nowadays, we have to follow such bullchit protocol that, by the way, no one else follows, that it strangles our ability to end such conflicts in a timely manner. What we need to do is have a no holds barred approach, do the job, get it over with, and make the rest of the world realize what "Don't tread on me" really means;)

stang99x said:
I plain and simply call'em like I see'em. Yes, I voted for Bush. Yes, I'd vote for him again. Yes, I am ready to move on in the current world efforts (like moving on over to Iran and kicking thier asses) Then bring the boys home. Its not all to different from when Wilson sent the brand new naval fleet around the world to show American mightyness. Nowadays, we have to follow such bullchit protocol that, by the way, no one else follows, that it strangles our ability to end such conflicts in a timely manner. What we need to do is have a no holds barred approach, do the job, get it over with, and make the rest of the world realize what "Don't tread on me" really means;)

Preach it brother. :I

The weakness of guilt is hamstringing us, no?

raVeneyes said:
You know...air fare is cheap, and I've got a good travel planner who's number you can have.
Are you offering to go along and take some pictures of his conquests? Kind of like an embedded reporter. That would be cool and a great service to our country. You might even come back with a newfound affinity for the job our boys are doing over there. We haven't been attacked here because our boys are taking care of business over there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back