bumper lights... need opinions...

dj_jace

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanting opinions before ordering tomorrow... I'm going to get the ebay rings for sure for the headlights and will also remove the amber turn and just go without one in the headlights but for the bumper lights which do you all think would look better on a black LS... the clear ones or the tinted ones... my only thoughts on the tinted ones is the turn in the headlight will be very *blingy* with all the chrome (i'm not really a fan, wanted the clear lights but don't want to fork over the money) and then the bumper lights will be slightly tinted... Also thought about using VHT to tint the amber lens and put it back in the headlight...

Smoked Bumper Lights

Clear Bumper Lights

Pic of my LS just for reference and photo whoring... :)

front.jpg

Thoughts? Pics? Suggestions?

front.jpg

Also planning on doing the 03+ fog conversion, or attempting it, if I can find a good set of 03+ fogs...

with darker cars, tinted bumper lights look the best by far...

running no amber lense does add a lot of brightness to the headlight area with all that extra chrome, since you already have the murdered out front end going on, i would probably VHT the amber lenses you already have, or see if you can find a clear set to tint...

I dont know if Alex was still cranking out any lenses for members, but might want to give him a holla incase he has any extras around.

found a set of clear turns that have been tinted on ebay for 50 bucks so I picked those up... going to go with the smoked bumper lights to match... Going to order the rings (if I can talk the wife into it) so I can install them the same time I install the clear turns... Good times...

Yeah I agree... I think i'll pick up a set of the tinted ones... and maybe tint them a little more to really get the blacked out look.. have to play around with it...

Just ordered a 2 sets of the ebay 125mm led rings so that I only have to open the headlight once to install the rings and the tinted turns... just waiting on shipping now...

2 of the 3 shipments came in today... got the tinted clear turns and the 3157 switchback led bulbs... rings should be here tomorrow or friday so ill be pulling the headlights amd installing all this Saturday hopefully... now just need to order the tinted bumper lights.

uploadfromtaptalk1415243456928.jpg

2 of the 3 shipments came in today... got the tinted clear turns and the 3157 switchback led bulbs... rings should be here tomorrow or friday so ill be pulling the headlights amd installing all this Saturday hopefully... now just need to order the tinted bumper lights.

I know you said Ebay.....but I can't find these anywhere. I want the clear lenses. Without tint. What seller did you get these from?

I know you said Ebay.....but I can't find these anywhere. I want the clear lenses. Without tint. What seller did you get these from?
I doubt you will find a set of just the lenses... ive been looking for a year (ever since I got the LS)... I just lucked out and found these so I bought them as soon as I saw them... they have the clear lenses in the full headlight assembly on ebay but they are 300 bucks... im pretty happy with how these turned out once I put them in... I would rather of had the clear but the tinted clear is growing on me... matches the murdered out look...

Never posted the after pics in this thread for some reason.. so posting them now... still need to order the smoked bumper lights... ended up buying a pyramid quad monitor stand for my home office instead since I work from home more than going to the office... [emoji16] but ill get them ordered along with led headlights and fogs soon...

uploadfromtaptalk1418180275982.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1418180292639.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1418180335250.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1418180354792.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1418180372437.jpg

I doubt you will find a set of just the lenses... ive been looking for a year (ever since I got the LS)... I just lucked out and found these so I bought them as soon as I saw them... they have the clear lenses in the full headlight assembly on ebay but they are 300 bucks... im pretty happy with how these turned out once I put them in... I would rather of had the clear but the tinted clear is growing on me... matches the murdered out look...

I will probably just yank the ambers out and go with chrome turn signal bulbs. I don't want any amber on the front end unless the lights are on. I was thinking about switchbacks too but I have heard there are issues with wiring. Did you have issues with yours?

I will probably just yank the ambers out and go with chrome turn signal bulbs. I don't want any amber on the front end unless the lights are on. I was thinking about switchbacks too but I have heard there are issues with wiring. Did you have issues with yours?
Yeah it was a no go... would need 4 relays total to make it work right... im going to attempt it again in the spring... too cold outside for all that now...

Just an FYI, the "tinted" bumper lights are actually clear lenses with black housings. Stock is amber lens with grey housings. You'll get the same effect, but I would still put some tint on them.

The amber 168 bulb provided is also pretty pale... It looks like the paint peeled off a 3157.

Yeah it was a no go... would need 4 relays total to make it work right... im going to attempt it again in the spring... too cold outside for all that now...

That's what I'm afraid of. I'm not down for all this relay and resistor bull mess. Why can't they just make a plug and play led switchback?

Looks great DJ, possibly upgrading to 2nd GEN fogs?

I like how mine turned out, waiting for spring next season to mess with the bulbs.
I'm also going to be looking at doing the 2nd GEN head lamp upgrade. Apparently the wiring has to be altered.

Looks great DJ, possibly upgrading to 2nd GEN fogs?

I like how mine turned out, waiting for spring next season to mess with the bulbs.
I'm also going to be looking at doing the 2nd GEN head lamp upgrade. Apparently the wiring has to be altered.
Yeah I definitely want to do the 2nd gen fogs... also on hold til spring... ill probably attempt it and putting on a mach 1 chin spoiler at the same time...

Just an FYI, the "tinted" bumper lights are actually clear lenses with black housings. Stock is amber lens with grey housings. You'll get the same effect, but I would still put some tint on them.

The amber 168 bulb provided is also pretty pale... It looks like the paint peeled off a 3157.
Thanks for the heads up... ill probably put a white led in there anyway but yeah will have to add some vht of that is how they do it...

Members online

No members online now.
Back