Building Ford GT's is a dream come true

Mack Daddy

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just finished up my first week building Ford's supercar. I wish everyone could experience this. Hand building this beast is un f'n believable. I feel so lucky to be a part of this, and can hardly keep a silly grin off my face. Sorry I can't give any pictures, but just hear me when I say it's a car guy's paradise being surrounded by SVT and Saleen engineer's who know this car inside and out. Got to meet and talk to Camilo Pardo yesterday how cool!

:Beer

Do you need a fella to sweep the floors? Keep the building/studio/shop infrastructure available? I have experience in; Electrical/HVAC/Building Management Systems/Centrifugal Chillers/Power Generation/Power Distribution/UPS Systems/Fire systems/First Operations-Maintenance group ISO 9001-2000 certified/Paint, Patch, Fabricate, Repair, installation. Maintained critical load to raised floor environments for Five plus years and counting.
Need a hand up there?:cool: :wrench

How is morale up there? I heard they are killing the car. It's really unfortunate. You are so lucky to be able to work on them!

More GT Fun

Morale is great in the GT building, as far as I know from talking to SVT engineers there is no future supercar coming (but you never know). I drove a GT briefly all I can tell you is it's scary mthrf'n fast. Beastly even. I'd be in jail rather quickly if i could drive it on public roads. I was decking engines today, it feels great knowing your slippin' 600 horsies into that beatch, I'll say it again I LOVE MY F'N JOB!!!!!!

damn your lucky, iam a tech at a small ford dealership in the midwest and last year at some big ford co. meeting we won the option to BUY one for the dealership to sell, so i got to crawl all over the car and when the batt died i got to replace it and even start the car.......had to make sure the new batt worked.....right? we just sold it about 4 months ago to some guy in AZ torque did you buy it? but before it left i took like 100-120 pics of it here are just a few
most are self explanitory, the only one that i think does is (my favorite)
the 3rd pic and its the front of the s/c in the rear view mirror, and the headlights and brake lights in the 7th & 8th pics are just a reflection from the flash

websizeGTintfar.jpg

websizeGTintnear.jpg

websizeGTrearview.jpg

websizeGTspeedo.jpg

websizeGTengcovered.jpg

websizeGTenguncovered.jpg

websizeGTrear.jpg

websizeGTftend.jpg

websizeGTandME.jpg

My uncle picked one of these up from Atlanta a couple of months back. Drove it all the way back to Long Island. :)

How about this photo? There were 4 at one time, forgot to take photos. But we always have one hanging around. We have sold 8-10 so far.

See that Mustang way on the back, the 67. It's (was) Sammy Hagars GT500. Just sold at the Barrett-Jackson for over 100K.

Showroom 009 (Large) (Medium).jpg

Showroom 008 (Large) (Medium).jpg

Showroom 007 (Large) (Medium).jpg

Like the old saying goes.. "Dynamite comes in small packages."

Thanks for the heads up about the GT. It wasn't me . . . Mine would come out of Cali. Haha, yeah right! Beuatiful pictures, the super charger shot was awesome. Though I am in the market for a F-150. <sigh> Champagne tastes on a beer budget.

Members online

Back