Build your own MKX (aka Aviator Replacement)!

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
From autoblog: "If the 'configurator' is to be believed, MKX will base at around $34,000-$35,000), with AWD variants coming in around $1,500-$2,000 higher. From the looks of it, roll-stability control, 18" wheels and leather seating surfaces will be standard issue. Options include heated/cooled front seats, rear seat entertainment, THX II surround sound and a panoramic sunroof."

http://www.lincoln.com/shoptools/co...Referrer=E_RHEAFMCMKX_Text_MKXCongig_20060313

At least HIDs are standard.

If I remember correctly, previous pricing was slightly less than what is listed on this 'build-your-own' website. Might not be too bad of a deal. Interior looks good, more pleasing than the Zephyr's straight stack.

StincolnLincoln said:
that looks simular to the Lexus small suv..

I think it looks better than the Lexus RX series, and it's priced more competitively as well. Besides, nothing wrong with looking like the Lexus especially if they sell like hotcakes.

The price of the MKX is really low. Look at cadillac SRX, it can reach about 60,000 if all the options are on.

mark0101 said:
The price of the MKX is really low. Look at cadillac SRX, it can reach about 60,000 if all the options are on.

Personally, I like the interior of the MKX over the SRX, which looks like it's full of plastic.

It is-my parents have the SRX fully loaded at $53,000 and it is so cheap inside, mostly plastic and rubber, with little wood, and the seats are so narrow and uncomfortable. My Aviator (RIP) destroys it in luxury. The engine is faster than ours but feels like its straining..the SRX is by far one of the most overpriced SUVs out, for the V8.

so it should be a problem to competite with the SRX, since its over priced

NO HID LIGHTS AVAILABLE ON THE MKX. I would rather have HID lights then the adaptive system. I cannot see why both cant be offered. A luxury marque not having HID lights available on their vehicles is UNTHINKABLE in this day and age. Especially if you want to attract customers back to your brand. It is bad enought now that If I were driving a $30k Zephyr or a $50K Navigator in their standard equipment format if I were to pull up next to a
$25k Mercury Montego in their standard form that the cheaper car would have the best lighting system available instead me who is SUPPOSE to be driving the top marque brand in the Ford Company. I guess that these supposely smart marketing execs dont think that some of us consumers notice these stupid mistakes but we need to let them know that we do by maybe not buying their OVERPRICED FORDS AND MERCURYS that they want to call a LINCOLN.

Aviatorguy said:
NO HID LIGHTS AVAILABLE ON THE MKX. I would rather have HID lights then the adaptive system. I cannot see why both cant be offered. A luxury marque not having HID lights available on their vehicles is UNTHINKABLE in this day and age. Especially if you want to attract customers back to your brand. It is bad enought now that If I were driving a $30k Zephyr or a $50K Navigator in their standard equipment format if I were to pull up next to a
$25k Mercury Montego in their standard form that the cheaper car would have the best lighting system available instead me who is SUPPOSE to be driving the top marque brand in the Ford Company. I guess that these supposely smart marketing execs dont think that some of us consumers notice these stupid mistakes but we need to let them know that we do by maybe not buying their OVERPRICED FORDS AND MERCURYS that they want to call a LINCOLN.

What do you mean? It does have HIDs.

Read: Quad Halogen Autolamp Headlamps

captainalias said:
What do you mean? It does have HIDs.

Read: Quad Halogen Autolamp Headlamps

Last time I knew Quad Halogen didnt mean HID headlamps. Halogen headlamps are not High Instensity Discharge units. Anyone want to correct me on this?

Aviatorguy said:
Last time I knew Quad Halogen didnt mean HID headlamps. Halogen headlamps are not High Instensity Discharge units. Anyone want to correct me on this?

You are correct. The LS and Aviator come standard w/ Quad Halogen Headlamps. However the Elite packages include HIDs.

Aviatorguy said:

My mistake, apologies.:)

Well, I certainly hope they include HIDs on the mkx, since that website is just a preview of what's to come.

Ford has already responded to a safety-conscious market and beefed up the level of standard safety equipment included in the 2007 Fusion and Mercury Milan sedans, and its now apparent the new Edge CUV and its Lincoln MKX counterpart will hit dealer lots with loaded to the roof rack with safety equipment.

Both the Edge and MKX will include the following laundry list of safety features
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- Dual stage driver and front passenger airbags
- Seat-mounted side air bags
- Safety Canopy air curtain system
- Driver seat positioning sensor
- Passenger seat occupant classification sensor
- Load-limiting safety belt retractors and pretensioners
- Energy absorbing steering wheel, knee bolster and glove box

Perhaps the best piece of safety equipment the Edge will be packing is its spankin’ new 3.5L V6 that produces 265 hp. Accident avoidance will be much easier with that much squirt on tap.

captainalias said:
Perhaps the best piece of safety equipment the Edge will be packing is its spankin’ new 3.5L V6 that produces 265 hp. Accident avoidance will be much easier with that much squirt on tap.

Huh??????

265 hp is pitiful. They should be ashamed of themselves for not offering something more. Wait and see if they don't end up supercharging that motor to get it where it should be.

2001LS8Sport said:
Huh??????

265 hp is pitiful. They should be ashamed of themselves for not offering something more. Wait and see if they don't end up supercharging that motor to get it where it should be.

It's not that bad. GM's 3.6L for the upcoming Buick Enclave only offers 270hp; but this is Lincoln. They should offer some sort of V-8, or take the Yamaha from the Volvo XC-90 and put it here.

HID Lights NOT available on the MKX in 2007

captainalias said:
At least HIDs are standard.

If I remember correctly, previous pricing was slightly less than what is listed on this 'build-your-own' website. Might not be too bad of a deal. Interior looks good, more pleasing than the Zephyr's straight stack.

You may want to check the Lincoln website on where they allow you to build your own 2007 Lincoln MKX. While an adaptive lighting system will be available HID lights will NOT be available as standard equipment or even offered as optional equipment. In that website you will find that HID are not listed in the available list. However they are listed in the future options list so I assume that they will be available here in the second year if alot of people ask for them to be available. I for one cannot understand why Lincoln will not make them available in the introductory year.

Aviatorguy said:
You may want to check the Lincoln website on where they allow you to build your own 2007 Lincoln MKX. While an adaptive lighting system will be available HID lights will NOT be available as standard equipment or even offered as optional equipment. In that website you will find that HID are not listed in the available list. However they are listed in the future options list so I assume that they will be available here in the second year if alot of people ask for them to be available. I for one cannot understand why Lincoln will not make them available in the introductory year.

I sure hope they are- they come standard on the 2007 navigator, so I don't see why they wouldn't offer them on the MKX.

pics of 2007 Navigator interior; I like the maple wood trim better. The ebony looks too fakish- same type as in the Mark LT, and I don't like it.

auto-show-photos.jpg

auto-show-photos2.jpg

auto-show-photos3.jpg

auto-show-photos4.jpg

Definatly something new for Lincoln. Do I like that it is replacing the Aviator? No. Not at all. But, they do need to start comepting with trucks like Caddy, and even the Chevy Equinox. Trust me on this, I'm a Ford guy, but two SUV's i'm looking at are the 06' Trailblazer SS and the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8. Both with rediculous horsepower. The Trailblazer has a 6.0 Chevy small-bloc. Thats pretty sweet if you ask me.

New interior shots of the 2007 Cadillac SRX. No offense to caddy fans, but IMO, the Lincoln MKX has the Caddy beat interior wise. The hard black plastic looks like it should go in a Pontiac, and that "wood" trim looks too plasticky.

srx7so.jpg

2007srxinterior2zw.jpg

srx3.jpg

lincoln.mkx.int.500.jpg

The 2003 Navigator K is where it should have gone. A 385HP SVT engine'd navigator would have been in my driveway the day it came out. The replacement of the aviator with that piece of chit is a disgrace. Lincoln needs to go back to its roots, and lead not follow:mad:

stang99x said:
The 2003 Navigator K is where it should have gone. A 385HP SVT engine'd navigator would have been in my driveway the day it came out. The replacement of the aviator with that piece of chit is a disgrace. Lincoln needs to go back to its roots, and lead not follow:mad:

The old Aviator looked too much like a rebadged Ford Explorer. Why does Lincoln get all the re-badged crap?

The Lexus RX330 shares the same chassis as the Toyota Highlander, yet they look nothing alike. Why not spend a littlee $$$ to give the Lincolns a unique look?

BTW, if you look on the Navigator's website, there is some mention of a 350+ hp engine for the new Navi.

Members online

No members online now.
Back