Buick guy may get a Lincoln

Pyro225

LVC Member
Reaction score
Morning. Unregistered lurker for a few days.
Long time Buick nut - owned, worked on, parted out, and even wrecked a few Buicks over the years. Electra's, Riv's, LeSabre's, and a Park Ave Ultra.
But front wheel drive SUCKS & I can't afford that 06 GTO LS2.
So here I am looking at 2000-2005 Lincoln LS V8's and looking for input.
Are there any significant differences in series 1 & 2? Reliability problems? Drivetrain issues to watch for with cars over 100k miles?
Any shared wisdom greatly appreciated.
Doug

I'm new as well ! I Bought the 2006 model .. loving every minute of it ..
this forum has excellent info on these LS ! Before I spent the $$ on buying one I did some research on here and it helped a lot .. as for me I been A.S.E. for over 33yrs so nothing on the LS bothers me as for repairs etc. but for others it would be $$ at the dealer etc..
Reason I bought the 2006 model the bugs were pretty much work out by the time 2006 came out as with any mfg. wait a few yrs before buying any model till the bugs etc are worked out..

Only complaint I have about my 2001 LS is that I didn't buy one a long time ago....like I tell everyone and anyone the LS is like any car out there ....some are lemons and some are straight gems! But this car is really fun to drive it handles like a dream and being so light it's super quick with the snappy little 3.9 V8

The first gen (2000-2002) V8s have/had a bad timing chain tensioner design. If you get one of those that hasn't properly been updated, you are buying a time bomb. The 2nd gen (2003-2006) didn't have that problem, and it kept getting better and better. You should be shooting for a 2006, or at least 2005.

Thanks guys!
Exactly what I was looking for.
Hope to be back here soon with pics of what I find...
:D

The sidewalks in the Pacific NW will soon no longer be safe!
I'm VERY happy to report I made a deal on a 2003 LS V8 today. Picking it up next Saturday.
Look for pics soon.
Thanks for the help!

Mission accomplished...

IMG_20180228_085128200.jpg

Nice car. Don't see to many light green in color driving around. I think its called "light tundra" not sure though. I always like the Pacific North West, Washington State and Oregon. Always wanted to visit Oregon.

Thanks Svets 96. I haven't looked up the official name of that color, but I've kind of wound the green into my cars stripper name: Envy.
Yes - I am a total fookin' Nerd.
And spring Pacfic NW coast, mountain, valley, forest, even desert drives are amazing. Hope to have day trip pics soon to illustrate...

Members online

No members online now.
Back