Bubbling/Peeling interior door handle fix?

swdobbs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm still looking for an LS, I've been negotiating on a dark green 2001 w/ 4k on the clock. The car needs some TLC, the interior plastic wood grain trim needs some straightening re-fitment, the drivers seat is missing one of the control switches, the steering wheel radio controls have peeled... etc.

Now to my question, the chrome plastic on the interior door handles is bubbling. Is replacement the only answer? Dealer the only source (other than wrecking yards)? Anybody got any suggestions? Any other sources for the interior bits that need replacing?

Thanks

s.

yeah, replacement is your only option. max at five star ford has them for like 45 bucks i think it was and then you have to pay someone to do the riveting unless you have the tools to do so yourself. all in all, your looking at about 80 bucks roughly

You could just drill the rivet out, and pick up a nut, bolt, and lock washer and use those in it's place from your local hardware store. That's what I'd do.

4 thousand miles and someone let it go to hell like that?

Well, you could strip all the handles down and paint them or you could find someone to re-chrome them. I am sure how ever that having them re-chromed may be more than a new one.

4 thousand miles and someone let it go to hell like that?

Well, you could strip all the handles down and paint them or you could find someone to re-chrome them. I am sure how ever that having them re-chromed may be more than a new one.

i concur

4 thousand miles

Sorry guys, the LS has 94k on it, big difference I know.... I tried to edit the post after it was submitted but couldn't find the option on the menu.

Thanks for the information, I have a few ongoing hot rod projects and have a local shop that can take care of the re-riveting.

The LS is in good shape, it needs a bunch of small stuff, but the price fits my budget. 6 weeks ago my 94 Impala SS clone was totalled when an old guy turned left in front of me from an ocoming lane, glad I had a big car. 38 mph to zero in 27 feet.

Here is a quick pic (I know wrong forum, but the ford guys will like the dead GM)

Picture006.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back