Broken Traction Cotrol Switch

Is there a how-to on removing the console on a Gen II. I need to fix this switch, and yes I tried the search..

for a 2nd gen, its super easy, the entire panel that has the cup holders, the trac switch, and the parking brake switch, just pops straight up, its only held in by four spring clips, one in each corner. you do not have to remove the entire center console to service it

My '03 also did it. I crazy glued it, and it's been fine for 2 years. If you want to reinforce it, put a layer of 2 part epoxy over it. For strength I'll even put a little fiberglass insulation into the epoxy as I spread it. I also use the tip of an exacto knife to rough things up so the epoxy has some "tooth" to bite onto.

I just fixed mine, just used longer screws, seems to be working I'll see if it holds up. I had the E-brake switch disconnected, when I put everything back together and started the car, the "service parking brake" showed up. I tried switching the E-brake on and off a few times, restarting the car, finally I was gonna try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it and the light went off. Tried the brake, works fine. Gotta love these cars.

I just fixed mine, just used longer screws, seems to be working I'll see if it holds up. I had the E-brake switch disconnected, when I put everything back together and started the car, the "service parking brake" showed up. I tried switching the E-brake on and off a few times, restarting the car, finally I was gonna try disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it and the light went off. Tried the brake, works fine. Gotta love these cars.

There's a specific procedure to clear the light. Usually, the message center leads you through it.

Didn't realize that. No message center (or a lot of other features) on mine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back