Broken glass costs mucho pesos

Jayce 1971

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was trying to be all altruistic yesterday, after the big snowfall, out shoveling sidewalks for the folks and their neighbor. Walking back to my house, I hear what sounds like a ricer doin' a mean burnout on the snow. A minute later, here comes this lowered s-10 pickup around the corner, just gunnin' the hell out of it, 5-6k rpm and such. I think, :q:q:q:q, better get the ls off the street. Hop in, start it up, put it in drive and "whump," rear glass falls through. The little :q:q:q:q in the s-10 spun a one inch rock off my back window:mad: :mad: :mad: Still sittin' on the trunk lid. Head straight for the body shop. "Yeah, glass will be here monday. Hope you have insurance, as it's kinda high priced."
"How much?" I ask
"'Bout a grand."
Oh man. Thousand dollars for a rear window. Good thing I don't have the cell phone option. That one's higher.:D Oh well, C'est la vie:cool: :cool:

I would be hunting down the little S-10 and taking $1000 worth of rear window out of his ass. It is an accident if you going down the highway and it happens, but this was negligence on his part. And I think that everyone who drives a souped up S-10 needs a beatdown.

If the rock was thrown off the road or ground it is considered a road hazard and not the fault of the driver and your insurance will cover it. If the rock came out of the bed or top of the truck it is the drivers fault. The drive might have been driving irresponsible but without hard evidence it was him you’re out of luck, he more than likely did not even know. As far as “I would be hunting down the little S-10 and taking $1000 worth of rear window out of his ass. And I think that everyone who drives a souped up S-10 needs a beatdown.” Sounds like a good way to get shot.

insurance should cover this.

And I think that everyone who drives a souped up S-10 needs a beatdown.
those s10's are so lame hah. i laugh so hard when i see that single cab pos turn the corner that someone has stuffed 20's under and crammed some 10" subs behind the seat and think it looks good haha.

just made me mad is all. Nothing i can do about it. I could find the guy, but again, its roadhazard. Thats why i got the low deductable. window wont cost me much....just the insurance guy. its the idea that the little f**ker thought he was being cool spinning his wheels at 80mph next to my car that upsets me....oh well, ill get over it.

Sure it will cost you................

just made me mad is all. Nothing i can do about it. I could find the guy, but again, its roadhazard. Thats why i got the low deductable. window wont cost me much....just the insurance guy. its the idea that the little f**ker thought he was being cool spinning his wheels at 80mph next to my car that upsets me....oh well, ill get over it.

Just the deductible out of pocket right now, but then when your premium goes up to cover the insurance companies expenses, it will cost you more. One incident should not make your rate go up, but it does go towards your overall insurability rating.

And as for this comment from gcwimmer, "Sounds like a good way to get shot.". He better be carrying a bigger piece than me and know how to shoot better than me. And knowing the mentality of most punks with souped up S-10's, I very seriously doubt it. It was his reckless disregard for others and their property that makes him deserve a beat down. The fact that he drives an S-10 just makes it fun. Passivity in the reaction of people in general is what allows morons at large to keep getting away with this stuff.

If the rock was thrown off the road or ground it is considered a road hazard and not the fault of the driver and your insurance will cover it. If the rock came out of the bed or top of the truck it is the drivers fault. The drive might have been driving irresponsible but without hard evidence it was him you’re out of luck, he more than likely did not even know. As far as “I would be hunting down the little S-10 and taking $1000 worth of rear window out of his ass. And I think that everyone who drives a souped up S-10 needs a beatdown.” Sounds like a good way to get shot.

In Washington, if you get the license number, and can get the person pulled over...haha...their insurance co is responsible.
This happened to me. A big semi erped a big rock from the back tire, and spiderwebbed half my windshield, I got him pulled over, and he did the right thing. It was a Suburu, and the window was $890>

And as for this comment from gcwimmer, "Sounds like a good way to get shot.". He better be carrying a bigger piece than me and know how to shoot better than me. And knowing the mentality of most punks with souped up S-10's, I very seriously doubt it. It was his reckless disregard for others and their property that makes him deserve a beat down. The fact that he drives an S-10 just makes it fun. Passivity in the reaction of people in general is what allows morons at large to keep getting away with this stuff.

Word :cool:

Members online

No members online now.
Back