broken door question...

2000LSMichael

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Today when I opened my door to leave work I noticed that the piece that keeps the door from flying open (the cylinder?) was broke at the frame where the two bolts hold it on (in the middle section of the door)

It looks like if I remove the 2 bolts and then maybe a rivet or some type of pin, I can fix it.

Anyone know what this is called? I tried looking in the workshop manual, but cannot find a name or part #.

door.JPG

the real answer is 6W4Z-5423552-A door check list is 34.82 and cost you$26.12 I can ship one tomorrow.

Max

For future reference..dont ever let your door open completely, and if you do, dont let it slam open/open with full force.

Thanks for the advice :) ....I hold onto my inside door handle when I open my car. The 106,000 is starting to show its wear and tear. When I opened the door (getting in) on Wednesday, I noticed it was cracked at the top and then fully broke off.

Replacement LS door check.

the real answer is 6W4Z-5423552-A door check list is 34.82 and cost you$26.12 I can ship one tomorrow.

Max

Do you have any more door check assemblies available, my LS is a 2001? If so, what is it best to contact you to order and pay?

I have not looked at it closely yet, does the inner door panel have to be removed to replace the unit or can the check be removed without removing the panel? I need a good shop manual as well, if you have one, let me know the price of it as well.

Thanks

Do you have any more door check assemblies available, my LS is a 2001? If so, what is it best to contact you to order and pay?

I have not looked at it closely yet, does the inner door panel have to be removed to replace the unit or can the check be removed without removing the panel? I need a good shop manual as well, if you have one, let me know the price of it as well.

Thanks

I have one I could get for you from my parts car, just $10 plus shipping.

Members online

Back