broke traction button

04silverls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Yea soo it broke and fell in the hole i got it out it still works but i dont want a hole in middle of my cup holder lol area where can i get a used whole cup holder peice ?? Black

Take the cup holder off and maybe you can attach it back somehow. Epoxy alwasy works

i had to epoxy mine back together, the parts on the switch where the screws hold it there, split apart.

took the whole panel out (it just pops straight up with four spring clips in the corners) set it upside down, and then put epoxy right where it broke apart, and then set the button down in position and just let gravity hold it in place

be careful not to get any epoxy anywhere that will interfere with the operation of the button (do not use too much)

this will also work to repair the message center's buttons when they do the exact same thing.

I had the same problem, epoxy worked for a while then it fell back thru. Bought a new on at the stealership for $70, big ripoff!

same problem I had, take the cup holder off see if you what has broken hopefully you haven't broken the plastic screw track completely off I used longer screws you can try to epoxy the fitting back

I just leave the button inside the console. And when I want to impress people I say hey I have NOS in the car. They say oh no way etc. So I lift the cupholder piece up, and press this button, and the car goes Beeeep. (advancetrac off). Whoa cool!

I've got one from a 2000 you can have. Flip up cup holders and all.

I had the same problem, cracked one of the mounts the screw goes into. Used a lot of crazy glue and it's held up for almost a year now.

Members online

Back