Brightest Headlights

Black87LSC said:
My stock headlights are pretty useless at night. What are the brightest headlights I could get for an '89 Town Car?

On my 86 Bronco (H4s)

I ran Sylvania ExtraVisions and got great results. Run em' in all my Fifth Avenues too. Relays and direct feed off the alternator (fused of course) or battery helps too, as does a 3G 130 amp alternator conversion.

Recently I switched to the new Sylvania Silverstars on my Bronco and they are better, and worse, in different ways. They give a wider, but less specifically intense, spectrum of light. The ExtraVisions are 1/4 the price and viciously, specifically bright, with a more narrow spectrum.

Choice is yours, but if I was doing it again, I'd have stuck with the ExtraVisions and saved the extra money for very little (if any) improvement, with the SilverStars.

Sixlitre

take a look here on
http://www.suvlights.com
they have sealed beams which it appears can have the bulbs changed as well. On my 98 I use the phillips(osram) vision plus lights +50% bulbs. Though I also have my lights aimed up a bit and spread rather than 3 feet in front of the car lined up on each other on the right like stock usually is.

I am glad you posted that Brian, that gives me an idea for my Town car :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back